De filter leaking de

kcindc

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 2, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Upon my attempt to open my pool this year, I had de leaking back into the pool. I replaced my entire filter assembly( grids, manifold). I’m still getting de back into the pool.

The multi port valve and its o rings are seated properly.
550f6641d800c0e0cd57b162d0a8bca3.jpg

The new grids appear to not be damaged and they appear to be well connected to the manifold.

The o ring on the stand pipe appears to be fine should I add some lube to this o ring?

Could I have a leak near the bottom of my stand pipe? Should I attempt to add some epoxy to where the white stand pipe ends and connects to the black part?

I’m so frustrated!

Hey Karen! :wave: Looking at our DE tutorial, it looks like a good lube is recommended. By now you may have already assembled everything, but I wanted to toss that your way in case it's not too late. There may be some other tips on that link that may help you. DE is so fine it doesn't take much to sneak-out. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.