I'm Tony... new to forum. Ready for first renovation of 15 year old gunite pool 20x40

Hi all, I'm beginning very first first renovation on my 15 year old pool.
Specs are:
Gunite 20x40, slight kidney shape, 3.5 ft. to 5.5 ft. deep, 18" raised bond beam along one side, further raised 18" attached, stacked bluestone 8 ft.spa on corner of raised beam at shallow end, Gulf Stream Hydrazzo finish, tumbled bluestone coping, DE filter etc.
I need to choose new tile around waterline and along the 18" high side wall of raised beam which extends under the 18" high spillway from spa. The total spill off height is 36" from top to water. Front of spa is stone half way down.
My blue standard 3"x3" tile is shot everywhere. My dilemma is that the dark blue tile was very irritating when swimming due to the 24" high wall. The wall has slight sweeping curves, topped by bluestone along one entire side of the pool. I really like pebble tile and iridescent tile. I ordered 2 standing pebble 12"x6" tiles in a dark Bali stone and Green Sea foam. I also ordered 1 green and white 12"x12" tile, all from the pebble tile shop. The standing samples are for the waterline tile and 12"x12" for the 40' wall. The green standing pebble tile is way too light green and the Bali is very dark grey. The wall tile sample is also very light due to the white pebbles.
I am thinking of getting light waves 1"x 2" tile for the waterline now and either use the green and white pebble tile for the whole wall, or possibly a darker similar pebble tile.
Does anyone have any experience with pebble tile from the pebble tile shop or blending pebble tiles with light waves glass tile? Any other suggestion?

As a rule of thumb the only thing most people notice about pools is the color of the water, the tile and the deck. Most of the visual asthetics in the backyard from the house goes from left to right. The tile choice should not be overpowering. So keep that in mind from the over personalization aspect. Good Luck!!