1st Refill > Pumps but no Jets

Jul 14, 2009
I purchased a used Dimension One 2002 Californian and absolutly love it. This is my first time owning a Spa and thanks to these forums i have been able to enjoy it for several months without issue. So after about 4 months it was finally time to drain and refill, when i first turned it back on with the new water i received the low flow error, but after bleeding the circulation pump the error went away and the circulation pump and the heater turned on. When I turn on the #1 Jets they function properly on both low and high but when i turn on the #2 Jets, the pumps turn on but only a few bubbles come out of jets and only for a moment . Everything was functioning perfectly before i refilled the tub, is there some kind of Bleeding procedure i can do to get them running again? Oh I guess i should mention too that i replaced the Ozone Generator after emptying the tub but my guess is thats the reason i needed to bleed the circulation pumps???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The jets 2 pump is air locked, as you seem to have guessed. Try running the pump on high for 2 or 3 minutes. You have about 15 minutes before it starts to do damage.

If it doesn't prime on it's own you can either bleed it at the drain plug (usually just below the inlet pipe) or by loosening the union on the discharge side. Don't completely remove either or they'll be difficult to put back on once the pump is primed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.