Jacuzzi Sand Filter

sessc

Aug 28, 2009
Hi all. I am a newbie and am having trouble with the basics of my filter.

I need to vacuum and when I asked the local pool store, they said to put the filter on 'WASTE'. Well, my filter does not have a waste setting....and no one seems to believe me. It has FILTER, BACKWASH, RINSE, WHIRLPOOL, WINTERIZE and one with no label, just a symbol that looks like possibly DRAIN.

I have tried to vacuum on FILTER, BACKWASH and even the 'DRAIN" setting but do not get any suction.

I have about an inch of dead algea to vacuum up and can't....HELP PLEASE. At this point, I probably need step by step because I don't want to assume that I know anything.

THanks! :-D

First, tell us what type pool you have and how many suction (skimmers, drains, etc) devices you have and how many returns (eyeballs) you have.
Where are you hooking the vacuum hose?
What type vacuum do you have?

Which one of these does it look like? I suspect it's the DVK-7. On Jacuzzi valves "Drain" is equal to Waste.

jacuzzimpv.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Sorry that I left off the details. I filled out my signature after my first post....

Based on your photos, mine actually looks more likd DVK-4. I have an above-ground 10k gallon pool. It has one drain, skimmer, return, etc.

The way that I am hooking up the vacuum is to put the skimmer/vacuum plate over the skimer basket and connecting the hose from the plate to the pole. I've tried with the pump on 'DRAIN', BACKWASH, etc...and get zero suction. Is there a secret that they forgot to tell me? :?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'what type of vacuum'.

I assume that the skimmer is working correctly when the vacuum isn't hooked up.

Are you priming the hose (removing all the air) by placing it over the return while the pump is running until the bubbles stop coming out?

Maybe I'm reading something into your statement that isn't intended.
and connecting the hose from the plate to the pole
My manual vacuum has a port on the top of it that the hose connects to and a stem that the pole connects to. Is yours like this?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.