metal frame intex question

This would be a very bad idea. The water would freeze solid, which would expand and burst the seams, and once it thawed, big water issues. Mine is 3 years old, and there are very small rust spots in some places, even with putting it away for the winter.

Your other option would be to just drain it and lay the pool itself on the ground, and leave the frame in place. It only takes a couple of hours to take it down and put it up...not worth the chances in my opinion.

Ahh...I had thought about that same thing. i'm building a deck around my 18' 52" pool (metal frame like yours) next year, and would prefer if I could some how "leave it up."

My main concern would be the freeze/thaw cycles. We get big chunks of ice on our trampoline, and man, as the edges melt, they are like razors. I would be concerned that as the under-water melts, the floating chunk might move a bit and damage the sides.

What I was considering is anchoring the base of the pool to the ground, as well as the top to the deck, draining it completely, then covering it with a winter cover to keep water and Crud out of the pool.

It's not a lot of water, but i guess if you're on city water, it might be expensive. We're on a well, so it's really cheap (pump electric only to get the water moved) to just dump and refill.

Do you think that would work?

Hi guys, same situation for me in the UK, am tempted to leave up but maybe partially drained, obviously will drain pump filter and pipework etc.

I am not sure why this is such a big issue as the water if frozen would expand upwards no ? also the intex pool liners are fairly flexible so I dont see it as a problem ....

Or am I missing something ?

Pool Jennings said:
Hi guys, same situation for me in the UK, am tempted to leave up but maybe partially drained, obviously will drain pump filter and pipework etc.

I am not sure why this is such a big issue as the water if frozen would expand upwards no ? also the intex pool liners are fairly flexible so I dont see it as a problem ....

Or am I missing something ?

My concern is not the expansion factor, but the sharpness factor at the edge of the ice when it's not frozen solid. The stuff on our tramp could cut a roast at the edge of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.