Ligonier Beach

Ligonier beach is / was an institution. There was a huge fountain in the middle of the pool, and one of the highest METAL sliding boards you ever saw. Just climbing the ladder was exhausting, then when you got to the top, you didn't want to slide down the hot metal chute.

I remember back in high school, one of my buddy's grandfather had a cabin not far from there. A bunch of us would go and stay there for a few weekends in the summer (we were so cool being away by ourselves) and invariably hang out at Ligonier beach.....great place to meet girls! Swim all day, listen and dance to live bands at night. The funny thing is, the pool has such a long history, my buddy's grandfather did the same thing when he was a kid!

Sorry to see it go.

Just for fun... I put in a SLAM level of 0 to 12 with a CYA of 30 and came up with 162g of 10%. :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There may be a slight glimmer of hope....though the pool will remain closed, the planned 'going out of business sale' for June 2nd has been cancelled.

That's great news BMK! I also saw a news clip yesterday of a man out in Beaver wanting to raise funds to open a closed pool since 2002. He said that its was the least he could do for the terror he caused when he was younger and how he wanted a safe place for young people to go in the summer instead of the streets.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.