Has anyone here chosen a white or black waterline tile?

May 22, 2018
Walnut creek, CA
I am considering going for a very simple black or white unglazed waterline tile. Has anyone else done that? If so can you share photos and or provide me with the pro's and con's. Also has anyone ever used unglazed ceramic waterline tiles? Wondering if debris will stick more to them.

I would use a glazed tile at the water line or else the porosity is going to attract and hold debris and scale. You really want a glaze on the tile as it will resist calcium scale deposits better and it can be cleaned with muriatic acid as-needed. I would be very worried about an unglazed tile getting etched and destroyed.

If you’re concerned about glossiness, I believe you can still find glazed tile that has a matte finish to it.

I’d go with white (more like a cream color) at the water line before black. Black will get super-hot to the touch and it will show calcium scale a lot faster.

Black will get super-hot to the touch and it will show calcium scale a lot faster.

Friends had a super modern bathroom 35 years ago with all shiny black fixtures... it drove them nuts as the water splash spots were so visible and they had to manually dry the sink out with a towel after each use or it looked awful.

Around a pool it would drive me nuts.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.