Pool party this weekend and it's cold

Okay so I am having a pool party over Memorial Day weekend and am so afraid it's going to suck. We have a homemade solar coil system (with a TON of coils), and a solar blanket. In years past this has worked just fine, but this year has not been very warm or sunny so far, and our water right now is only about 75 degrees. The forecast for party day (Sunday) is in the mid 80s and sunny but I am afraid we will all freeze in the water.

Any tips for making my party so awesome that the guests will forget how cold they are?:cool:

ETA: my husband finally agreed to get a gas heater but it's too late for this particular party

A solar blanket will surely help keep the heat in but not sure how much gain you will get. Alcohol never hurts for the adults and kids will never care what the temp is:cheers:

Not much else you can do other than keep it covered with the solar blanket. If possible keep the top of the blanket dry, like if it rains pull the cover off and put it back on so there are no puddles on top of the blanket.

Make it a 'Speedos Only' party.......No one will want to go in the water anyway.

Seriously though, I wouldn't stress too much over it. Good food, good drink, and good people make for a great get together, regardless of the pool water temp.

Last year someone sported a mankini....lmao! Well the water temp is up to about 78 but today we have rain showers and a high temp of 64. Party day is still supposed to be sunny and in the mid 80s. Guess we will see what happens!

Question for experienced party peeps: what do you do if it rains on your pool party day? Like, do you cancel or does every just hang out inside?!

We only cancel if it is a hurricane. Fortunately we have a covered summer kitchen and 20 x 20 back porch with seating for over 20 people.

We had a big party (my 50, my son's 9th) last weekend - and just by chance Saturday was our nicest day in weeks here, it was actually warm enough to swim (for once this year). We had already nixed opening the pool up due to over 20 kids coming over. The party went fine without the pool, and I can't imagine what it would have been like with the pool open and all of those kids...

We are hoping to swim this weekend - but our forecast is for temps in the upper 60's only...bummer.

Enjoy your party - I am sure if the water is upper 70's it will be fine with daytime temps in the 80's - sounds about perfect to me - wish we had that!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We only cancel if it is a hurricane. Fortunately we have a covered summer kitchen and 20 x 20 back porch with seating for over 20 people.

My porch is definitely not that big lol! We have two smallish seating areas, one being maybe 10x10, which can be covered. The other one we would have to use a tarp over the 8x10 pergola lol. We have like 29 people coming, plus a few kids which is way too many for our house (2k square feet) and yard really 15k gal pool, which is about 17x 32 or something like that), but I didn't think that many people would RSVP lol.

I do want one covered porch near my pool as well. I can only dream or pull the plug when I am ready. I do want to build it myself thats why I am hesitant :)
have any pictures ?

Look at my pool build and summer kitchen links in my sig bar. Let me know if you can see the pics. :cheers:

Well the party went great! The water was cold, around 75 degrees, but it was fairly warm outside (85) and the alcohol was flowing so we were all good. Also my water was sparkling clear thanks to TFP. I want to post a pic but the file upload thing doesn't want to work for me.

I am SO glad it went well! Yeah adult drinks do tend to warm you up so you don't mind the cold water!

Pictures-sounds like you have reached your limit :( Did you know you can be a supporting member? Here is the link: CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

You get:
-Free TFP T-shirt, or their choice of ANY item from the TFP Logo Store
-$30 off any item at TFTestkits.net
-$25 off any $100 purchase at INYOPools.com
​-15% discount off all Maytronics replacement parts Or 10% off $50 purchase (Maytronic Cleaners Excluded) at Home | Marina Pool Spa & Patio
-Special TFP Gold Supporter Plaque placed under your user-name inside the forum letting others know that you are a Gold Supporter!
-Increased attachment space (20mb) - non supporter is 256 kb for pictures and such!
-Donations are tax deductible

We get to keep the servers fed and updated!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.