pump/filter placement for AGP

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Hi all,

I have another question on my mission to get my pool all set up. the area that have my cutouts for the skimmer and returns are on the "high ground" side of my pool, as we had to dig into a slight slope to level. My question is, does the pool pump and filter system and heater have to be LOWER than the skimmer? Right now the ground where my equipment will sit, may put the pump a foot or so lower than the skimmer outlet...is this ok??

Thanks
Dan

MikeInTN said:
I would think that as long as the pump is below the waterline of the pool, you'd be OK.

I agree,

Above ground pumps will usually self-prime since they are usually below the water line. If you have the pump above the water line it will usually not prime itself. In these applications, I believe you could use an inground pump. Like MikeInTN mentioned though, I think as long as your pump is below the waterline, you should be just fine.

PS Mike,

I have one 11 year old black miniature Schnauzer and one 6 year old white one. I agree:

"Fear the Schnauz"

or in my case..... the "Schnauzes"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.