New IG pool build in Fort Worth, TX

I thought the tile would look fine too but the more I thought about it the more it would drive me crazy not having one type of surface.

I'm very pleased with how the salted concrete has turned out. I will be staining it in the future, but I don't plan to seal it because I don't want it to be slick. Currently working on staining the rest of my fence so that I can start on my low-voltage lighting project as soon as the clean-up is completed. Working on delivery times for top soil and sod as well. Glad I'll have the pool to jump into and cool off with all the project work I have planned!

LOL I will be "using" my pool today while I mow the house yard (2.5 acres). Mow, get hot, jump in pool, mow some more, jump in pool, repeat until I am done. Not doing the front part of the property (4 acres) this week. That gets done every other time. You will LOVE being able to jump in and cool off. We keep a "towel" hanger right outside the back door for me to hang my wet clothes on to let them drip dry until I am ready to wash them.

Kim:kim:

LOL I will be "using" my pool today while I mow the house yard (2.5 acres). Mow, get hot, jump in pool, mow some more, jump in pool, repeat until I am done. Not doing the front part of the property (4 acres) this week. That gets done every other time. You will LOVE being able to jump in and cool off. We keep a "towel" hanger right outside the back door for me to hang my wet clothes on to let them drip dry until I am ready to wash them.

Kim:kim:

I sure wish I could have jumped into the pool today while staining the fence............it's HOT!

I've probably got 250 linear feet of fence that needed to be stained and I'm almost done. I should finish the last 5 or 6 panels tomorrow then I can start installing my low-voltage lights (one per panel). Really looking forward to working on the light project.

11 gallons of stain and 250 linear feet of fence all done. I would estimate at least 20+ hours of labor put into the staining by myself and my wife. It was quite a job but made a huge difference now that it's done.

Clean up crew was able to remove about 90% of the rock today before their trailer was full. Expect them back on Wednesday after plaster.

Plaster prep started today and we are scheduled for plaster tomorrow morning. No rain in the forecast so we should be good to go.

FD84685C-CFBA-4B50-916F-D705EEC4812B.jpg

B213E3E2-6199-4CBB-AEE7-CA8F2B66C8AC.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The plaster is in! The crew will be back later in the day for the acid wash and to start filling the pool. My wife took the photo and said it looks great in person. I did check the bags this morning to ensure we had the correct Caribbean blue crystal stone plaster.

B5A465CC-1E65-46DA-886E-9486C63A6FE0.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.