Lomart Pool Bargain?

Kias

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2009
NW Ohio
Does any body have anything to share about a lomart pool? I found this today for a hundred bones.

pool.jpg

I know I would have to get a new liner. I know I'm to look at the bottom edge for rusting. What else should I be looking for when looking at a used pool?

What sort of special tools? I'm an aircraft mechanic, so I'm thinking I probably have whatever a pool could possibly throw at me.

Fasteners? Stainless? What should I be looking for?

That link you gave does look like the one doesn't it... I don't know for sure though. I sent them email to see if it was still around. The ad was posted on Monday. We'll see if they reply. My wife thinks she's seen the pool before, I'm gonna drive by and take a look see.

Thanks!

Honestly, I don't know if you would need any specialty tools or not. It's usually my luck that when I need to fix something,(not just pool related) I need some odd-ball tool or size that I don't have! Good luck!

I have a 15X30 AG Lomart (purchased last year). Seems to be sturdy and well-made (basically Doughboy - not a bargain version of a Doughboy). Sounds like a deal if it hasn't been abused. As for the cheap price (well, labor isn't cheap) let's face it - the market for used pools isn't large. Be aware that, some (our installer) set the bottom pans (that cantilever the supports on the long sides) into concrete rather than set them on blocks. You won't know until you have the liner up. But perhaps replacement parts are available from Lomart.

Kelly

I've seen mostly, around here, people that want $800 to $1000 plus you take down and remove.

I don't think I'm going to pay that much to have the privilege of removing someone elses backyard junk.

$100, perhaps!

Once I know for sure which pool it is, I'll get a hold of lomart and see if parts are still available.

I finally heard back about the pool, I should be going to look at it this weekend. Here's some more information she sent.

It is 3 1/2 feet deep, can be dug out to 4 feet. It is 11 years old, we bought it from a friend about 9-10 years ago. The pump and filter are working fine. The deck needs repainted..usually repaint every 2 years. The liner is shot, but you would need to replace that anyway. The top rails are beginning to rust and they can be replaced easily when you put in a new liner. The liners last about 5 years.

OUr kids are older and don't use the pool as much and we plan on spending more time at the lake. We have a winter cover and pool sweeper (it works...just getting old), some chemicals. The deck has a lock on the sliding door and a bench with storage underneath.

This pool would only need to last us about 3 more years. We're going to move to vegas where the weather is a little bit warmer, and the shows are a little bit better. :)

Found it on satellite!

pool2.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I went over and looked at the pool. It doesn't appear to be in that bad of a condition considering it's 11 years old. So, I've commited myself to what appears to be days of torture just tearing down the pool.

It is indeed the pool zea3 posted a link to. Thanks!

Here's the pool.
pool1.jpg

There is one top rail that will need to be replaced, as it's rusted all the way through. The rest will be reconditioned this winter.
pool2.jpg

The filter is a Hayward TS108T and holds 150 pounds of sand. The pump is a Hayward 3/4hp, lots of surface rust, but still running. I'll refurb that this winter also, if I can find parts. If not, I'll probably use it until it dies. The hoses looked brand new.
pool3.jpg

The nuts and bolts were rusty, but I was expecting that. I also found out, after the fact, that the sidewall interconnect to each other and is usually "fun" to get apart. PB Penetrating Catalyst will be my friend for a while!
pool4.jpg

One thing that concerned me a bit, was there was a little bit of water in the indents of the valve. I don't know if a little bit comes out when you turn the valve, or someone just splashed some on there. It wasn't leaking as the water level in the indents didn't move. There was also water inside the pressure gauge. It was reading 10psi, don't even know if that's working right, but they're cheap enough to replace.
pool5.jpg

The deck needs a coat of paint, and has a nice built in bench with some storage underneath the seat.
pool6.jpg

It looks like they tried to take good care of the water. They're going to give me a bunch of chemicals, which is fine, as we're giving our little intex to my sis-in-law, and I'll just pass 'em off to her. :twisted:
pool7.jpg

Here's a pic of the coping and stabilizer rail. I may be replacing some of the stabilizer rails. I'll probably replace all the coping.
pool8.jpg

Overall, it wasn't in that bad of shape. I could find no rust on the walls, and it appeared that the bottom plates were in pretty good condition. No rust around the skimmer or return either. Hopefully there'll be no major surprises as I'm tearing it apart! However, for a hundred bucks, I think I'll be ok.

I took my little one with me, and he was so freakin' excited I thought he was gonna explode! That's the only thing that's going to make all of this forthcoming work worth it!
:party:
holden.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.