the rough excavation/pool base

momov2

Aug 13, 2009
Hattiesburg, MS
Good Grief,

I think that the excavation for our pool was the most difficult job that I have ever been involved in. I live is Mississippi and we have dry summers with high humidity. We got a little over 6 inches in our dig on Saturday and hit the driest dirt and pockets of clay that I have ever come across. But no water table where I live. A neighbor had the ground checked about 5 years back to build a pond on his place and the engineer couldn't find the table. So I guess that's good news. My camera was having difficulty (that 6 year old of mine has gotten her hands on it again) but I got a couple of shots in. I will post them soon. Anyone have an opinon on using the spongy stuff gymnasium floors are made of as a base beneath the liner? Just wanted to throw that our there. I know a flooring contractor that has offered us a 20X40 piece to get it out of his warehouse.

I don't know much about how the flooring that was offered will fair being outside and under so much pressure, you should really use the pool grade pad like Gorilla, Happy Bottom ext...

But yeah, the foundation of the pool is by far the hardest and most important in pool building, inground and above.

Good Luck and post lots of pics! :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.