How to close pool?

Nothing out of the ordinary. The only conversion needed is to stop buying your chemicals from a pool store and start buying them in the grocery side of Walmart, Sam's etc.. Unless she is converting from a biguanide pool.

Yeah, I'm not sure if you mean convert from Baq or just use the BBB method? If the pool is already chlorine, you are simply buying chlorine at Wal-mart in a liquid form instead at the Pool Store in Tablet form. Not really "converting" in the way you would with Baq.

When I close in the fall I shock the pool and put the cover on and winterize the equipment. That's about it. :wink:

Check the cya level and dump the appropriate amount of water in the fall while lowering to winterize. If you are in an area where water levels may get too high, refill the pool after the lines are blown out. This will make the 'conversion' to BBB easier in the spring :)

I'm sorry..I didn't make my question clear. She is converting from Baq to BBB. She told the pool guy she was going to convert to chlorine next year and he told her to add 2 gals of Baq oxidizer when she closed and then convert to chlorine in the spring.I just didn't know if that was good info. So my question is... what do you guys think she should do as far as adding any chemicals when she closes her pool?

Deb

Well, it's kind of a double edge sword... you close with the normal baq chems and then just check the levels in the spring and hope they are low (which will speed things up). Or don't add any closing chems and risk dealing with algae/mold too. I'd say the first is the better route. By spring the levels should be low. Just make sure she doesn't add any baq chems in the spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.