jandy filter

Aug 27, 2008
I have a Jandy 340 cart filter. The last time i cleaned my filters, inside the case, a large round stainless steel ring came out. the riveted joint broke so it was not a complete circle anymore. This ring looked like it went along the inside of the seam of the top and bottom shell piece. Anyway, i had no way of fixing the band so i reassembled the shell without it. The filter seems to work fine without that piece. The question i have is what is the purpose of that band? Should i get a new one?
I have been looking for stainless steel screws or rivets to fix it and cant find any. thanks.

I'm actually wondering the same thing. I have the same filter I think, and last weekend I cleaned it and noticed that my ring was not only broken (at the rivets) but also rusty. This was just installed with my new pool last fall so I didn't expect it to be like this. It's probably rusty because of my salt water, but I wouldn't expect it to be like that so soon.

I looked for a replacement part and it looks like you can't buy that part separate. It's listed as a part within the whole bottom half part. Didn't even bother to get a price.

I have a call into my pool builder to see if he will replace or if he thinks I can live without it. I managed to get the filter back together without it and everything seems to be working fine.

I did also manage to sorta fix the ring with a little super glue on the small part that is used to close the ring. I haven't tried to put it back in to see if it will hold, but it looks solid.

thats too funny. my ring was not rusted but the rivets were. saltwater too. anyway, i used J. weld epoxy to bond the two ends back together. that solution did not work as the part separated again. whenever i fix anything, i have left over parts. guess if it works, you didnt need them. some engineer had too much time on his hands and had to justify his salary.

went to the jandy website and called the local service center. they said the part keeps the shell from collapsing and leaking, should be replaced. they will do it under the 1 year warranty. cant see how that thin flexible band keeps the shell from collapsing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.