I need a better filter/pump. Need suggestions!

Aug 13, 2009
Kodak (East), TN
I have an Intex filter/pump. I have had to have it replaced once already by the company because of poor performance. I would like to get a new system for next summer, and I figure that some places will have this type of product on sale or clearance this time of the year.

I have an Intex, 13500gal, metal frame, 24x52 AG pool. It has the holes cut out in the sides, especially for Intex pumps. Is this going to be an issue when wanting to get a new kind of pump?

I have no idea about what a "good" filter/pump system consists of. Or what is a good "brand"?? Or good type? My parents had an EARTH pump, when I was a kid. And my neighbor used to have a SAND pump?? I need an effective, easy to take care of pump. (who doesn't need that though :lol: ) Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Pool-Mom :-D

well this set-up may cost you around 500 or so, but has served me extremely well this past summer

0.5hp pentair superflo (Very quiet pump)
Hayward S220T (250lb) High rate sand filter.

Now may be a time to shop around craigslist as well, you may be able to score some nice used pool equipment. Generally you want to oversize your filter and use the smalest hp pump needed for your application.

dmanb2b said:
0.5hp pentair superflo (Very quiet pump)
Hayward S220T (250lb) High rate sand filter.

I Googled both the Filter and the pump you suggested, they are both listed for In-Ground Pools. Does that make a difference?? And do you need some kind of adapter to hook that kind of system to an Intex Vinyl sided pool with the cut out holes??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.