ants causing outlet damage??

Jun 10, 2007
ct
Anyone ever have a problem with ants getting into the outlet and causing a shortage? We had a problem when we opened the pool, the pump kept tripping the circuit breaker. When we took out the old outlet, there was an ant nest in there, with enough ants to start a horror movie...eggs and everything.

A lot of rain the other day, and since then, every time I try to plug in the pump, it trips the circuit breaker. At first I thought it was from all the rain, but now I'm wondering if there could be ants in there again. Not looking forward to going through that mess again, but I suppose I don't have any choice. Pump hasn't been run in three days...I won't be able to change the outlet for about two more. Think I will have an algae mess on my hands by then?? I've been adding extra bleach, and trying to circulate as much as possible...trouble free...ha! Whoever came up with that name certainly did not know me!! :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.