New filter/pump for Intex AGP, need reco

Jul 20, 2009
Oviedo, FL
Anyone have something that works nicely or know of something that works well on the Intex Ultra Frame pools?
All I ever read is about the lack of quality on the Intex units and also how horribly the tiny filters are at doing a decent job so I would like to at least have something lined up and ready to purchase should the need arrive or a good deal comes up.

I saw a couple Aquaquik 1/2hp and 3/4hp units but the reviews on Amazon were pretty scary.
I don't mind going sand, I don't mind doing a bigger cartridge. Just looking for something that will last a while and work well and nothing that will overpower my little 5,061 gallon pool.

I looked at some 2spd pumps as well, figured they might not be a bad idea because it could be reused for a little bit bigger of a pool in a year or two.

Although I don't have any experience with it personally, I have decided to get one of the following for my Intex pool. An alternative might be to pick-up a used Hayward sand filter on Craig's List, etc..

At least this one is brand new, comes with a warranty, and is from a reputable pool supply store that you can actually walk the thing back into if it doesn't work out.

Good Luck !

Here ya go:

http://www.lesliespool.com/browse/H...lter-34HP/D/30100/P/1:100:6000:600010/I/42193

check ebay item #320415924233 for a combo that would suit you fine, barely, but if it were me and you are fairly sure you will upgrade your pool size down the road, it may be worth it to invest in a little more oversized filter. In general a 1/2hp inground or 3/4hp abg pump should be able to serve most abg pools below say 17K gallons. I went with a 250lb sand filter and a 1/2hp self priming pump ($500 together) for my 24' round and only backwashed once this summer, and that was because we had so much rain in July, so instead of just dumping I backwashed the filter.

Hope that helps...general rule of thumb is on the pump...keep it as small as possible and the filter the bigger the better :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.