Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi,

I installed a coverstar safety cover this year and was wondering if I should use it or my mesh winter safety cover this winter for closing my inground pool. Coverstar says that the cover can be used as a winter cover but I'm worried that the winter elements may degrade the vinyl at a faster rate. On the other hand, I'm worried that if I keep vinyl cover rolled up all winter long, it will be a mess of mold and mildew when I open the cover in the spring.

Any opinions /ideas on this?

Thanks
Joe

I have the Coverstar Auto Cover and it is used for the Winter cover. We have a decent amount of snow and cold weather here in Indiana and have seen no effects on the cover.

My cover is the undertrack model and was installed when we put the pool in. Just remember to not drain the pool water down for the winter.....this will cause a problem as the pool water needs to support the weight of the snow and water on the cover. You probably are already aware of that fact.

Thanks Hardwareguy! Do you use dishsoap or cover cleaner to clean the cover when opening in the spring?

Thanks

Joe

I use "Greased Lightning" that I get from my hardware store. I mix it up in a hand pump sprayer and apply. Do not put to much on......I spray around the edges and work to the center with a pool brush. This is what the pool installer told me to use. I have seen numerous cover cleaners that would probably work fine.

Dilute the concentrated Greased Lightning down....do not use full strength from the gallon if you choose to go that way. The jug will give you a dilution rate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.