Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all,

I've had an IntelliChem for a couple years now and have gone through a few ORP sensors already. I keep having inconsistent ORP readings. The reading seems to randomly be set. For example, one day I might have an ORP of 450 but a FC of 3, but then the next day might have a ORP of 750 and a FC of 2. I'm pretty good about keeping all the other chemical levels in the water where they need to be, and winterize the IntelliChem and probes according to Pentair's recommendations. Being that I've gone through a few of the probes already I pretty much don't want to deal with it any longer. I suppose I could try to narrow down if there's an issue with the wiring or the main unit, but based on how many people don't recommend using ORP automation, I'm leaning towards just having the system product a set amount of chlorine per day - that's an option, right? If yes, does anyone have instructions on how I can update the system to do so? Also - does anyone have recommended settings for such a setup?

Thanks!

PS - it's not all bad, as I love the pH automation - just fill the tank and it automatically dispenses as expected (and maintains the right pH level, based on what I've set it to be).

This is exactly why we generally do not recommend the use of ORP sensors especially for outdoor SWG pools.
You are better off just running your SWG in its normal % output mode.
Sorry, I am not sure how to change the programming on that setup. But, I am sure the manual explains it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.