Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 speed pump, runs on hi only now

1. Back To Top    #1

2 speed pump, runs on hi only now

I fixed my SWG K1 relay solder issue this weekend thanks to the thread on here about it. Right after we put the panel back on, screwed it down, etc, i noticed that the pump would run on hi speed but not on low speed. With the timer having it on at low, it's off, change the timer so the hi speed should run and it runs on high. Pressing the filter button will change from Off to High to Low. Only runs on high now.
    I checked to see if anything was pulled loose during the K1 solder fix (as the pool temp wire came loose after the fix and we solved it) but can't find anything related to the pump.
    Anybody else had this happen - One speed only working on the pump?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2 speed pump, runs on hi only now

Could it be an Aux 1 or Aux 2 problem? Set to "off". I am going to try that next, i don't know what the Aux are for but i think they are both off on the settings. I may have done that by accidentally restoring default settings.

3. Back To Top    #3

Your signature does not tell us anything about your pool or what equipment you are dealing with.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Gotcha, it's new (to me just bought the house), I'm still not sure what i have exactly. It's an aqua logic controller just like the ones in the SWG K1 relay thread, although my stuff has blue haven pools labeled all over it. I'll look at it closer and get more info and add a sig. After reading a pdf it sounds like the low speed of the pump goes through an aux setting that may be set to off, so it may be an easy fix.
    Thanks!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, the high and low speed are through seperate relays and you have to tell it that you have a 2-speed pump and that the 2nd relay is for low speed.
    Might have lost all the setting when you were working on it.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Yeah, the high and low speed are through seperate relays and you have to tell it that you have a 2-speed pump and that the 2nd relay is for low speed.
    Might have lost all the setting when you were working on it.
    Thanks, that was it. The low speed popped on when I changed the aux 2 setting in the config menu, the default setting was "off" I think.

7. Back To Top    #7

Great!
    Jason, TFP Moderator