Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
c060bb2e0822f33664af50516bf70c34.jpg

You guys the cover just came off! Look how pretty!! This is only our 2nd season so I didn’t know what to expect!! Thanks TFP!

Re: My pool is open! Test results coming soon!

My husband took that picture. I just got home and omg the water looks great but what happened here??? This is awful!
9154ede96d58941a44ef5f6a50184146.jpg
b57bdbcb38b48eaf35b03775850bab82.jpg

Re: My pool is open! ETA: HELP! what is on my walls??

You guys I'm terrified, it looks like something is wrong with the plaster?? is that possible? what could have happened? I'm panicking.

Test results:

Cl -0
Ph 8.2+
salt 1800
CA 275
TA 100
CYA 20 or less.

please help.

I know I need to add chlorine, salt and muriatic acid. Do I just add it all at once? Also, my pump isn't running, something is wrong, the pool store is coming out to look at it. still add everything?

Is pool guy coming today to look at pump? You really don’t want to add anything until you can circulate water. You could get some chlorine in there if you use your brush to mix it up. Don’t add chlorine and acid at the same time, wait 30 minutes or so as long as you are mixing the water.

Well, if the pH was very very high like that all winter that could likely be calcium scaling. Does it feel rough?

No I wouldn’t say it feels rough.

and what should I have done to prevent the ph from getting so high in the winter? I'm so upset I may have caused this.

- - - Updated - - -

Is pool guy coming today to look at pump? You really don’t want to add anything until you can circulate water. You could get some chlorine in there if you use your brush to mix it up. Don’t add chlorine and acid at the same time, wait 30 minutes or so as long as you are mixing the water.

today or tomorrow. the guys that opened it told my mom who was here that they'd call it in and someone would come today. but I called the store when i got home and they weren't sure if they called someone on the road and couldn't tell me much. they said it might be tomorrow, unless someone already out was coming today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

You guys I'm terrified, it looks like something is wrong with the plaster?? is that possible? what could have happened? I'm panicking.

Test results:

Cl -0
Ph 8.2+
salt 1800
CA 275
TA 100
CYA 20 or less.

please help.

I don't see the CH test results unless CA is your CH which has you at 275.

But... before all of that.. Do not panic. Deep breathes.

We are right here to help as best as we can. Let's focus on what we do know for now and keep gathering information to help with what we don't.

Don’t beat yourself up!

Can you scrape a bit off with a fingernail, or is it more of a discolor issue than a deposit of some sort?

I don't see the CH test results unless CA is your CH which has you at 275.

But... before all of that.. Do not panic. Deep breathes.

We are right here to help as best as we can. Let's focus on what we do know for now and keep gathering information to help with what we don't.

Sorry, yes, I automatically record calcium as CA, but that is CH. I'm trying to relax.

- - - Updated - - -

Don’t beat yourself up!

Can you scrape a bit off with a fingernail, or is it more of a discolor issue than a deposit of some sort?

I can't really scrape it off, no. I called the pool store in a panic and he said i may have had a hole or something in my cover and it could be organic staining from leaves and chlorine might clear it up. if not he says an acid wash could help. He told me to dump the chlorine in and hopefully someone can come out today for my pump. he made me feel better and told me not to panic.

Sorry, yes, I automatically record calcium as CA, but that is CH. I'm trying to relax.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't really scrape it off, no. I called the pool store in a panic and he said i may have had a hole or something in my cover and it could be organic staining from leaves and chlorine might clear it up. if not he says an acid wash could help. He told me to dump the chlorine in and hopefully someone can come out today for my pump. he made me feel better and told me not to panic.

I was also thinking that once your levels are correct, the staining may resolve. So, get that chlorine in and start stirring!

Feel all of the plastic parts to see if they feel gritty and rough like sandpaper. Skimmers, returns etc. Any plastic that was under water all winter.

Was the water below the tile the whole winter?

d1d36cadeb940c254afe743d1d0c3dca.jpg
dadf260c6f4cc84790ae66fdeb62955e.jpg

Omg. I’m feeling so much better. I dumped 4 gallons of chlorine in and I put one right on the top step and the stain improved immediately. Also an area in the deep end I added the chlorine close to the wall because of a basketball hoop and you can see it lightened up. I stirred it but again no working pump. Should I add more chlorine to shock them heck out of this water and remove the stain?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.