My pool is open! ETA: HELP! what is on my walls?? Test results added

30ppm drop seems a little high, but 10ppm would not be unexpected.

Remember aerating only raised the pH, it does not do anything to the TA.

Hmm, well, my pH went down so I guess I messed up that test. The TA test is the hardest for me. I'll try it again tomorrow.

You’ve added acid a couple of times, right?

Yes, I did twice today.

It looks like in order to lower TA I have to get my pH lower to 7.0-7.2 THEN aerate, then do it all over again. so, more acid tomorrow I guess. Fun stuff, adding acid. but Lowering my TA should mean less acid adding, correct?

Why are you focusing on TA? That is the least important parameter to even consider

I wouldn't say I'm focusing on it. I got my pH to a good level, and my TA is high. I recall someone here telling me last year that my TA was too high and it was lower than 130. It just seems like I should lower it? I was under the impression that a high TA makes your pH rise? I'd like to add less acid this year than I had to last year, so I thought lowering my TA would do that.

Lowering ta is generally something you do when you're bored and have nothing else to do with your pool :)

You are welcome to actively lower the TA if you desire. As long as everything else is balanced and operating as it should.

Lowering ta is generally something you do when you're bored and have nothing else to do with your pool :)

You are welcome to actively lower the TA if you desire. As long as everything else is balanced and operating as it should.

Ah, gotcha. I think my pool is balanced now, but we will see!

And my stains are GONE!!

5d1e013d0582a86202ef5d4240e70369.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm so thrilled, a less than stellar opening and 2 days later everything is great. Almost, my pump motor needs to be replaced but that's easy, it's just money, right? Anyway, Here are my current test results, minus salt because last tested it was 1800 and I haven't added any. but that is my question. My water is warm enough now so when do I add salt? Any time?

FC 8.5
CC 0.5
pH 7.5
TA 120
CYA - 20-30 (I think I need a week before I get an accurate result, I added CYA yesterday)

You can add the salt any time you like, just be sure the SWG is off for 24 hours after you add it.

CYA should show up on the test within a day of it being dissolved out of the sock.

Congratulations!!!!

If the CYA is all dissolved, no need to wait a week. Maybe a day, just to be sure.

Add the salt! Jump in with it and kick it around to dissolve it. Or throw the kids in and let them do it!

You can add the salt any time you like, just be sure the SWG is off for 24 hours after you add it.

CYA should show up on the test within a day of it being dissolved out of the sock.

Thank you! but my SWG doesn’t have an on/off. Hmm.

And about CYA. I added about a lb with no change yet.

Let’s test it again tomorrow. I’d hate to have you add more now and find later that you added too much!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.