BBB Newbie

Jul 29, 2009
Long Island, NY
Hello everyone. I am sooo glad I found this website. I have had my pool for about 7 years - using the pucks then later in the season dealing with algae and algaecide and who knows what else the pool store tries to sell you. I had to do a liner change this season so I was a little late opening the pool. It was the last week of July. While I was waiting for the pool to fill I stumbled on to this Great site. I read Pool School a couple of times, checked out the pool calculater, Ordered the TF 100 test kit, bought some Bleach, Borax & Baking Soda and I'm on my way. My pool water hasn't looked this good for this long since I've owned the pool.I used to throw in Shock once a week. My ph always bounced around but now it is been a solid 7.6 for a month. I'm adding anywhere from 30 - 50 oz. of bleach a day to maintain the recommended chlorine levels. Have not had to shock at all this summer. Piece of cake! :party: My numbers for today are:

FC 6
CC 0
TC 6
pH 7.6
TA 110
CYA 45

So, thanks to everyone on this forum.

Wow! Very nice work. We quickly have to remove your "newbie" tag and post "veteran" up there instead.

You grasped the ideas of BBB and acted on them. Your pool maintenance will be genuinely easy for you from here on out.

Those are great numbers, but you already knew that.

Kudos! :lol: :lol:

Don't you just love it?!!! :cool: BBB is AWESOME! :party:

Good for you and welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.