Anyone using the small Aqua Broom

Sep 3, 2008
Bucks County, PA
Hey everyone,

Is anyone using the little Aqua Broom like this one?:

http://www.aquasuperstore.com/products/ ... =327062596

I rarely have leaves in the pool at all. Occasionally I have the average "little stuff" like a pebble, dirt, the usual few small bugs that sink to the bottom etc.

Originally I was looking at the pool blaster but I really don't like the reviews I see on it and I do vacuum (manually pretty often - I actually think it's pretty relaxing). I also think the Pool Blaster or Catfish is actually too big for what I need it for and I don't like some of the horror stories.

I do also have a Polaris 65 so the only thing I've been looking for is something small for a little spot cleaning here and there without dragging out the hoses.

For something this small, I think I'd opt for some NiMH D-Cells so I can recharge them since it looks like using regular batteries wouldn't really be cost effective.

Just wondering if anyone has one of these . I see some pretty good reviews (based on what this thing's use is actually intended for). Of couse I'm not expecting to vacuum the entire pool with it but if it saves me some time for some small spot cleaning, I'd be ok with it.

I've been looking at this product, too. If no one who has used this responds to your post -- and you buy one anyway, please let us know if it works as promised. This would save lugging my Polaris 280 out of the pool and into the spa every week!

I'll do that.

I think I'm going to pick it up and see how it works for those "little spot jobs". The only bad thing I seem to see about it is the fact that the batteries only last about a 1/2 hour.

I'm thinking about using this thing for 10 minutes or so tops, to "grab" the occasional leaf, few dead bugs etc at the bottom of the pool and I'm thinking that I'd pick up a set of NiMH D-Cells that I can recharge. I think the cost of buying regular batteries would way exceed the cost of this thing in short order - especially using it for long periods.

In one review I saw, the guy was trying to vac his Inground pool and was complaining about battery life! - Unreal.

I really like the Pool Blaster Max and even though it's large for what I want it for, I was going to buy that. But then I kept seeing motors going bad, the seals leaking and shorting out batteries etc. I didn't want to waste money and have a "new project" to fix every few months. Maybe the quality has gotten better. I think the price (About $200 or so) is pretty reasonable but not if every year you have to replace $150 worth of parts on it.

In one review I saw, the guy was trying to vac his Inground pool and was complaining about battery life! - Unreal.
Funny what people will do to try to save 500 bucks. Last year my neighbor wanted to borrow my Polaris pool cleaner to clean their filthy neglected pool ("'cuz our cleaner broke and new ones are too expensive".) This, even after I explained that mine was a pressure-side cleaner that required a booster pump and their pool needed a suction cleaner. "Oh, we can make it work." Uh, yeah. No thanks.

I never heard back from them, so I imagine they finally had their suction side cleaner fixed. One never wants to assume, of course. Perhaps they like swimming in pond scum! :grrrr:

If I break down and buy one first, I'll let you know how the Aqua Broom succeeds against vacuuming pine needles and dirt from the floor of my spa. The battery life doesn't concern me so much; I estimate using the broom no more than 5 minutes per use, maybe once a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.