21 ft pool - is a 1.5hp pump and 24in filter compatible?

May 11, 2018
Dayton TN
Hi guys!

First post here, I'm about to purchase a 21 foot Lomart Verona pool with an expandable liner so I can put in a 6ft deep end in the middle.

Someone local to me has a combo of aHayward S244T 24in filter + Harris H1572730 1.5 HP pump for sale for $300 (Also includes some nice wedding cake stairs that the wife wants)

From my research it seems like this pump might be too much for my pool but I was hoping I could get some suggestions from the experts here :)

Hello and Welcome to TFP!!

It's an exciting time right now when you get ready to buy your pool. The filter should be ok for your pool, but the bigger you go, the better. It looks like the Harris H1572730 pump is single speed. I would say that depending on the price of the used equipment and its condition, it may be a good deal to pick up the rest of the pieces if the wife likes the steps.;) However that 1.5hp pump is going to be expensive to run. I would recommend looking to see if you can find a used 2spd pump to go with it. You wont need to run full speed and you will makeup the extra $$ with power savings. The 1.5 hp is on the large side but would be ok if it was 2spd.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.