Leslie's a good source?

Oh boy. Leslie's. I go in once or twice a month to refill my 2.5 gallon jugs with their 10.5% liquid bleach because they're closest to me and have a good price on the stuff with their monthly coupons I get in the mail ($7.99 to fill 2 of these jugs). I absolutely HATE going there, because the owner or other employees hit me with their aggressive sales pitch trying to get me to buy their overpriced chemicals EVERY. TIME.

Sometimes they even start spouting absolute nonsense about how their Powder Plus shock is so much better than liquid cholorine (because liquid chlorine adds a bunch of salt when it breaks down, bla bla bla), and one time even suggested that the pool stores will soon stop selling liquid chlorine. When they tried to tell me the salt thing, I argued that their powder powder plus (cal hypo) would add calcium and the guy said "no it won't". I tried to argue that based on what I had read, the amount of salt added by liquid chlorine is negligible compared to the amount of calcium that would be added by their product over time, but I could tell I was wasting my breath and my sanity. Long story short - it takes a LOT of restraint when dealing with the manager at this one particular store.

I've been going in the same store for months, and only buying chlorine and I still get the same spiel 9 out of 10 times I go there. I just smile and nod and try to get the heck in and out of their store as fast as I can. Another local store, Pinch-A-Penny, does the same jug refills but it costs me a dollar more per jug because they don't have the coupons, but I actually enjoy going in there because they don't hit me with an annoying the sales pitch for costly chemicals that I don't need or want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.