Leslie's a good source?

Aug 12, 2016
Murrieta,CA
Hello All,

Finally having given up on maintaining our pool ourselves I was wondering if you think Leslie's is a trusted source of pool care in regards to know-how, effectiveness, and value (and cost), of its products?

All input greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Thomas

Thomas,

I concur with Donldson except I think he is missing one ... :laughblue:

It is obviously your pool and you can do what you want, but I'm curious if you have been using the TFP pool care process since 2016 and if so, what problems have you been having???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Their pool care method is modeled to keep them in business selling chems, enough said about that side of things.

I do find them useful when I need a part right away and they do have some good sales with installs on equipment every now and then.

Reading this post makes me wonder if you are trolling us. What you are asking is 100% opposite of the point of this forum.

We exist to teach Pool owners that are tired of the pool store run around how to properly maintain their own pool. Our methods are based on science and are guaranteed to work to keep your pool clean and safe and saving you a lot of money.

Looking back at the threads that you made in the last 2 years, did you ever get around to buying an fas-dpd chlorine test? If not, that is likely most of why you are frustrated.

I am a first time pool owner and July will be one year of owning a pool. I have been 100% on board with TFP and my maintenance for pool upkeep is easy! Takes me about 2 hours a week and my water is clean, clear and balanced without the expense of pool store products.

Then again you can go to whatever pool store and spend a lot of money end up with a green pool!

I disagree, Leslies is a must if.... you have an extra grand or so and you don't know how to get rid of it. They will gladly take your money $$$ and give you unnecessary junk to put in your pool like perfect weekly, phosfree, or perhaps some algeacide.... If you are tired of having crystal clear water and would like some cloudiness at night to make the pool light look more creepy, then you should get on the regime, and shock your pool weekly (Leslies has just the right expensive chems for that). Also if you want to dump half your water every year go with Leslies, some trichlor, and powder shock, it doesn't get easier to refill your pool often... or you listen to the folks around here....

I went to Leslie's to pick up some stabilizer and the girl working cautioned me "you know, you don't have to add that every year" and I assured her I had tested and it was low. She said okay, but some people think you just add it every year and they don't need to.

So I was pleasantly surprised she knew at least that much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last time I was at Leslie's (for a rubber gasket) the woman in front of my bought $360 worth of chemicals I had never even heard of.

The clerk said "If this doesn't work - come back and see us".

Last time I was at Leslie's (for a rubber gasket) the woman in front of my bought $360 worth of chemicals I had never even heard of.

The clerk said "If this doesn't work - come back and see us".
And that's why most people don't want a pool...

Most people are at least skeptical when I tell them how little time and money I spend on my pool. Granted, I now have a bigger pool with a lot more vacuuming to do but compared to what most people think it involves...not even close!

Get a robot (Dolphin S200) and say goodbye to vacuuming...for the most part :)

Most people are at least skeptical when I tell them how little time and money I spend on my pool. Granted, I now have a bigger pool with a lot more vacuuming to do but compared to what most people think it involves...not even close!

I probably will. First I've gotta sell a rental property, sell my current home to the DOT whenever they decide to actually DO SOMETHING about buying it and finish moving into the new place! The priority list is rather fluid right now......!

I've given up on maintaining my own computer anti-virus. "Kevin" called. (I think that's what he said...) He told me that he can see that my computer has viruses, and he can help. Everyone on the internet tells me not believe him, but I gave him my passwords and credit card number.

I was wondering if you think Kevin is a trusted source of computer care in regards to know-how, effectiveness, and value (and cost), of his services?

(hey wow - trolling is fun! who knew?)

Hello All,

I am soo sorry I have not answered but this seems to be my busiest month for the last five years.
I promise to answer all the questions and explain over the weekend.
It's all my fault the pool is still in the same state as it was 2 years ago.
Please stay tuned. I believe in your guys' practices 300% more than any pool store for obvious reasons

Plus, they are expensive. I purchased a pump skimmer lid and a sight glass last season. I returned both the next week because I found the lid on Amazon and the sight glass from a mom & pop shop for less than half what Leslie's charged me. The clerk asked why I was returning them, and I responded loud enough for everyone behind me to hear, "You're just too expensive."

I can't imagine what their pool care service costs vs. what they actually do.

Husky:

Unfortunately a lot of people can not be bother with anything else than just walking in and purchasing based on "Advice". Sometimes, in a bind I have to stop in and purchase something, but it is very rare (Maybe once a year). A store front on a highway with overhead will have to charge more. And think about only if they sold the basics (Bleach, Baking Soda, Borax, Salt, Muriatic Acid) and some incidentals. The company would last 12 months. IMO, Leslie's is a 'last resort" type of stop.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.