First Water Test

vanmor

Jun 14, 2009
OK, I broke down today and took a sample to the NuWay pool supply place.

FC 2.1ppm
TC 3.1ppm
CC 1.0ppm
pH 7.4
Hardness 50ppm
Alky 100ppm
CYA 10ppm
Copper 0.1ppm
Iron 0.0ppm
TDS NA

So I need to add about two gallons of bleach, hardness is low but was told don't worry about it, cya low but I have some stabilizer to add.

I bought floc to get the solids out. I have the water clean but it just won't clear up. The massive algea bloom I had must have left a lot of dead algea suspended in the water.

I wish I could have gotten a total dissolved solids reading.

TDS is basically meaningless.

So you are fighting algae? Have you read the Pool School articles on Defeating Algae and How to Shock your Pool?

You need your own test kit.

Lots More chlorine, floc isn't going to help you right now. :wink:

Oh the pool was green two weeks ago. Went to St. Louis and when we got back, green pool. There were very heavy thunderstorms in the area while we were gone. Inches of rain fell and filled the pool.

I have worked hard to clear it out. Multiple shock.

The water looks pretty good now, just needs to be cleared up. Lots of dead algea in it I guess. It's cloudy white now.

Was going to add chlorine today anyway. I have a so so test kit. I don't want an expensive one this late in the season.

I don't think I have done too bad with the advice on this forum and the chemicals used.

The algea bloom was my fault for not preparing the pool before we left. Didn't think about it til we were on the road.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.