New build concrete pool - Northern NSW Australia

We have just installed an Australian Energy Systems Heat pump. It’s not in use yet but I can report back once it is. I’ve attached a link to a company in Sydney that install them. I did a lot of research and nothing else comes close to the efficiency of this unit. It’s also full inverter. We went with the 45 model which is a size up from what we required. They make units to suit any pool. It wasn’t really much if any more expensive than an Astral etc for the kw. Our unit has a COP (unit of power returned for that used) of 16 in summer which is about 4 times the Astral equivalent.
Inverter Pool Heat Pumps, up to 50% More Efficient :NCS Pool Heating

Thanks for the link Riley, I'll have a look tonight. So much to read at the moment!

Here's some updated pics. The pool was shotcreted yesterday and the spillover tank will probably be done next week. I was hoping that it would be done in one go but for some reason they decided upon doing it separately.

DJI_0192.jpgIMG_3698.jpgIMG_3719.jpg

The concrete slab that will form the external deck area and surround the pool will be formed up over the next couple of days and then poured sometime next week. It's good to finally see some progress!

Steve

Great to see! What a huge step. Are you watering the shell? It shouldn’t be too thirsty in winter but will still need water kept up to it to cure nicely.

Btw heat pump has been operational for several weeks and we love it... well my boys do anyway. It’s too cold and windy out for me but water temperature is spot on. The only thing I would change is the boost pump as it’s quite loud. It’s just a single speed cheap Astral pump that I didn’t look into. Just took the one they offered. Having said that the salesman said it didn’t sound right and is coming to have a look at it. He said he will sort it out one way or another at no cost to us even if it means upgrading the pump for us. It wouldn’t be a drama except for the fact that we have neighbours windows 3m away and it’s running a fair bit at the moment. When we first turned it on it ran very little once up to temp as the weather was that little bit warmer. The unit itself is pretty quiet for its size. Couldn’t be happier with it! My poor kids would have had to wait a very long time for their first swim without it.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Riley, I haven't actually seen the pool as was out of the country. I've asked the builder to make sure he keeps it wet so...fingers crossed he listened. Thanks for the info re your pump. I've plumbed a seperate line for a heater and will definitely be getting one.

Steve

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update...

Not long after my last post we sacked our builder. That has meant some delays as the site was shuttered until the new builder started a month ago. The concrete that forms the external area and pool coping was poured last week and will be honed next week. It's good to finally see some progress!

20181205_161356.jpgDJI_0141.jpg

Update...the pool tiling is coming along and the external concrete has been honed. The tiler is away for a couple of weeks but once he gets back the negative edge of the weir will be tiled and the spillover tank rendered. Unfortunately we discovered this week that with the exception of the skimmer box line all of the plumbing has been compromised. Given that we can't access the plumbing without tearing up the surrounding concrete, we're going to core dill the return lines along the bottom of the weir edge wall and run them along the bottom of the spillover tank back to the filter. Not ideal, but that was the best solution that we could come up with!

Pool.jpg

With you having tile instead of plaster I am not sure. I am thinking this through so see if what I am thinking makes sense until someone who really knows comes along.

Think about tile water walls or spas that have tile on the over flow and down the front. They don't have water on them 24/7 or even most of the time so...............my gut says you are fine to leave it empty.

Let me refresh my memory and help someone coming along to help with this question.....You are in Australia. Is the pool 100% done? Do you have a SWG? How far from this house is the place you live in now? How much longer until you can move into this house?

@bdavis466 and @ajw22 what are your thoughts? Anyone else have any input?

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.