Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New build concrete pool - Northern NSW Australia

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: New build concrete pool - Northern NSW Australia

Quote Originally Posted by riley00dog View Post
    We have just installed an Australian Energy Systems Heat pump. Itís not in use yet but I can report back once it is. Iíve attached a link to a company in Sydney that install them. I did a lot of research and nothing else comes close to the efficiency of this unit. Itís also full inverter. We went with the 45 model which is a size up from what we required. They make units to suit any pool. It wasnít really much if any more expensive than an Astral etc for the kw. Our unit has a COP (unit of power returned for that used) of 16 in summer which is about 4 times the Astral equivalent.
    Inverter Pool Heat Pumps, up to 50% More Efficient :NCS Pool Heating
    Thanks for the link Riley, I'll have a look tonight. So much to read at the moment!

2. Back To Top    #22

Here's some updated pics. The pool was shotcreted yesterday and the spillover tank will probably be done next week. I was hoping that it would be done in one go but for some reason they decided upon doing it separately.

DJI_0192.jpgIMG_3698.jpgIMG_3719.jpg

The concrete slab that will form the external deck area and surround the pool will be formed up over the next couple of days and then poured sometime next week. It's good to finally see some progress!

Steve

3. Back To Top    #23

Looking great....
    ~36K Litres | FG 8 x 4.4m | Astral Viron P320XT 1.5HP VS Pump | Astral Equilibrium 45 SWG | CA400 Sand Filter | Dolphin M500 | Solar Heating | Clear Choice Labs Test Kit | Pool Build Thread
    POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

4. Back To Top    #24

Man it has been a while! Good to see some work being done!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #25

Great to see! What a huge step. Are you watering the shell? It shouldnít be too thirsty in winter but will still need water kept up to it to cure nicely.

Btw heat pump has been operational for several weeks and we love it... well my boys do anyway. Itís too cold and windy out for me but water temperature is spot on. The only thing I would change is the boost pump as itís quite loud. Itís just a single speed cheap Astral pump that I didnít look into. Just took the one they offered. Having said that the salesman said it didnít sound right and is coming to have a look at it. He said he will sort it out one way or another at no cost to us even if it means upgrading the pump for us. It wouldnít be a drama except for the fact that we have neighbours windows 3m away and itís running a fair bit at the moment. When we first turned it on it ran very little once up to temp as the weather was that little bit warmer. The unit itself is pretty quiet for its size. Couldnít be happier with it! My poor kids would have had to wait a very long time for their first swim without it.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

6. Back To Top    #26

Man, this is going to be gorgeous!
    40x15 IG 15,000 gallons /TF100 Test Kit / Ocean Blue PebbleSheen / Jandy CV460 Filter/ Jandy PLC1400 Salt System / Jandy VSSHP270AUT VSP / Jandy JXI400N heater / Jandy PSB215 Pool and Spa Blower / iAqualink / Polaris 280 / New Geometric IG Pool in DFW

7. Back To Top    #27

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Riley, I haven't actually seen the pool as was out of the country. I've asked the builder to make sure he keeps it wet so...fingers crossed he listened. Thanks for the info re your pump. I've plumbed a seperate line for a heater and will definitely be getting one.

Steve

8. Back To Top    #28

Can anyone offer advice on minimum curing time before we render and then tile the pool? Thanks in advance, Steve.

9. Back To Top    #29

All the pbs we had quote were 30 days. I think thatís likely overkill but seems to be standard here. Not sure what the true minimum would be.

3.2 x 6m | inground concrete | ~27,000 litre | 1.2 - 1.8m | salt and pepper mini pebble | SWCG Atral eq35| Viron xt 1.5 HP VS pump | Astral CA280 sand filter | DB3 robot | 2 x LED lights | travertine coping and paving | ceramic waterline tile |

10. Back To Top    #30

Cheers Riley, much appreciated.

11. Back To Top    #31

We were told the same (28 days) by two PBs. I agree it's too long from a variety of sources I've read, but it seems like gospel here.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Tips for New Members to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

12. Back To Top    #32

Update...

Not long after my last post we sacked our builder. That has meant some delays as the site was shuttered until the new builder started a month ago. The concrete that forms the external area and pool coping was poured last week and will be honed next week. It's good to finally see some progress!

20181205_161356.jpgDJI_0141.jpg

13. Back To Top    #33

My goodness what a wonderful view you have! DROOL!

Sorry to hear you had to part ways with the first PB. Hoping the new guy does better!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #34

Great to see the progress Thanks for the update!
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, K-1106 and CCL test kits; Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWCG 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; Other family pools 10K SWCG and 15K on liquid; PoolMath app subscriber; | Tips for New Members to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12