Polaris 93/94/95/9650 Owners Club

Polaris robots are just as good as the dolphin's. I have both (a 94 and a dolphin triton) and I feel the Polaris cleans better, stronger suction on the vacuum side (my opinion) and the ability to adjust the time its running vs a set time on the dolphin triton.
Don't second guess your choice you made a fine one!

Time will certainly tell. I got the Polaris for a few reasons

1.) There are more Polaris repair stations close to us and the PB is a Polaris dealer/repair station making it a little easier.
2.) The lift function on the 9550. For the most part, my 64 year old mom will be the primary user and I wanted something that was easy for her to get out of the pool.
3.) The adjustable run time. The pool it's going to be used in is big and I wanted the ability to dial in the time.
4.) The filter canisters seemed easier to clean than the Dolphins' filter system. Again, see item 2.

Another user had posted that they hated their Dolphin and were switching and multiple people recommend they start a Polaris thread for Polaris owners. The other user did not, so I decided I would attempt it.

Another user had posted that they hated their Dolphin and were switching and multiple people recommend they start a Polaris thread for Polaris owners. The other user did not, so I decided I would attempt it.

You have indeed succeeded! Good job providing information to folks on the forum!!

Thanks for starting this group! I'll be buying a new robot in the next week or so, and I really like the Polaris 4WD robots' features: (1) EZ lift out of the pool, (2) Better (IMHO) filter canister, (3) Cooler looking robot, and (4) Swivel cord on the 4WD models (new for 2018).

If I knew for certain it wouldn't get hung up on my main drains like the Dolphin DX4 I'm replacing, I might well end up with one.

I've got it narrowed down to the Polaris 9650iQ, the Maytronics M400 and Maytronics M500.

Manny....while I like the looks and filter system of the Active/S series, I'm concerned they'd get hung up on the main drains like my DX4 does. And, for some reason, Maytronics didn't mention those models when recommending the M400/M500 as their robots virtually "invulnerable" to spinning around on the main drains.

I understand because they have the third brush in the middle but I mentioned them because you mention the Polaris robot and I think they might also have the same problem. I read a post somewhere where they get stuck also on some drains. My Active 30i doesn't get stuck on my drains. Good Luck with your robot.

I (finally) decided on the Maytronics M400 for our pool. I think the third brush on the bottom of it will keep it from getting hung up on our main drains, and, in fact, I saw no evidence of it today during its first cleaning session. I found the filters easy to clean. In fact, the only negative I experienced with the M400 was the sheer weight of it....I think it's in the neighborhood of 25 lbs or so....it's a beast to haul out of the pool.

I might have been tempted to get the Polaris 9650iQ, but our pool store here quoted me $1800 for that one...and they didn't have any in stock. So I elected to go with the M400, which they did have.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So called the company I ordered mine from because it still hasn’t shipped. Turns out it’s STILL on back ordered and wouldn’t ship for at least 3 weeks. May pick one up in stores but they only sell the 9650iq. Besides phone control, is there any difference between the 9650 and 9550?

So called the company I ordered mine from because it still hasn’t shipped. Turns out it’s STILL on back ordered and wouldn’t ship for at least 3 weeks. May pick one up in stores but they only sell the 9650iq. Besides phone control, is there any difference between the 9650 and 9550?

I've had a 9550 for 2.5 years and have been very happy with it. Just read a review of the 9650 and it looks to me as if the phone control is the only real difference. Unless you plan to leave the cleaner in the pool, (which is not recommended by Polaris), I don't see much advantage to having the phone control. The 9550 comes with a remote which is useful to position the cleaner for lift-out. On 9650 you use your phone for remote control. If 9550 is available and cheaper I'd go with it.

So couldn't get my hands on a 9550. Ended up biting the bullet and paying for the 965 (the white version). Maybe not the worst thing as Mom is the primary user and being able to pull up the app to help her out with it might be helpful. Put it in the above ground for a test, and it seems to do a good job, and was climbing the walls with ease. I very much like the Lift function, especially the water evacuation as it makes the cleaner much lighter to get out of the pool.

I have the 9650iq and love it. The first couple of days I tried to flip it over and tried to get it stuck on my sun shelf all to no avail.

Ive owned it for 3 months and we currently only take it out of the pool to swim, and empty the canister. The best money I’ve ever spent on my pool.

Finally got to run the 965iq in the new IG pool. Seems to pick up stuff pretty well, but I believe I'm going to have to order the sand/silt filter as it just seems to stir the dirt up without picking it all up. I was concerned about the climbing ability since the pool is 8ft deep and many experts claim wheels aren't as good for climbing as tracks. Should not have been concerned, climbs the deep end with no problems. Has not gotten stuck (even though at one point it was on it's side on a bench, looked away and turned back and it was right side up going again) and haven't seen the cord tangle. Super impressed so far.

I have had the Polaris 9550 for about 4 years now it worked great till last weekend and the motor failed. Priced a new motor block and read reviews of the replacement not lasting also my basket was starting to come apart. was going to cost around $550 to get it repaired. I ended up buying a new dolphin active 30i. Couldn't justify the expense of a new Polaris for $1500. My Polaris never got stuck on anything worked great just too expensive to replace.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.