Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy VSPHP270 problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy VSPHP270 problem

I reinstalled an essentially new Jandy VSPHP270 pump today after winter and having problems. Variable speed pump starts revving for about 5 seconds then just stops. About 5 minutes later the same thing . and keeps on repeating every 5 minutes or so. I tried electric, o-ring , bypassing filter and whatever else i could thing of with no success. It never gets up to full speed and just cuts out. I am thinking it may be some sort of internal protection but I don't know how to get around. This pump was only used a week or two at the end of last season and worked flawlessly. Any thoughts or suggestions highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: Jandy VSPHP270 problem

Is this connected to a automation system or a stand-alone? If the pump is less than a year old contact Jandy Support and maybe they can walk you through it or They should send out a warranty station

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Jandy VSPHP270 problem

Sounds like a definite internal problem. New out of the box pump should not be doing that. Contact manufacturer.
    ~Rob
    11,000 gallon in ground plaster pebbletech finish. Hayward Tristar VS, Hayward Swimclear, and Hayward Aquanaut 200 pool vac, K-2006 Kit, Speedstir.
    FC/CYA Chart-Finding a suction side air leak>https://youtu.be/eweIDTnJCUw