Does anyone here put MA in their pool by pouring...

camelai said:
I do not it will or could cause damage, I pour it slowly out away from the side in front of a return and then I brush the pool surface to make sure it is mixed in.

That's what I've been doing too but I swear I saw someone on this site who said that they did and I was checking to see what's the preferred way.

Now my pH is a bit high so I tried it (haven't searched to found the post) with just about 1/8 a gallon and the pressure temporarily dropped on my filter. Prompting an "uh oh" from me. Pressure went back up after a few minutes but wanted to check with the forum. After the 'experiment' I got to thinking, "well, if I'm not supposed to even put pucks in the skimmer then this can't be right...."

estogo said:
That's what I've been doing too but I swear I saw someone on this site who said that they did and I was checking to see what's the preferred way.
Some people pour chlorinating liquid or bleach in the skimmer (with the pump running), but no one should ever pour acid into the skimmer. Muriatic Acid has a pH of -1 and even with very slow pouring the pH would still be around 1 which is very, very low. As was noted, you risk damaging components in your pump and elsewhere.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.