My pool turned green and so I went and got a bunch of liquid chlorine from HD to shock it. Prior to shocking I adjusted the pH since it was a little high. I tried brushing and I realized that my plaster pool bottom also turned green and brushing it barely pushes the green stuff away. I shocked it anyway thinking that it might kill the stuff that's stuck and can brush it off after it starts clearing up. The next 2 days the pool cleared up, the water was clear but now all i see is the bottom of my pool is green. I tried a wire brush to no avail. Do you think it's a metals problem? I never put in metal based algaecides, or dropped a nail or other stuff in it, just straight Liq chlorine and muriatic acid. A couple months ago I drained half my pool and refilled it, since the pool store guy said my solids (metals??) were a little high and I should get half the old water out. It was fine for 2 months while I used liquid chlorine for shocking. And when it turned green this last time the bottoms were "stained". Help!!
It's a 25000gal plaster pool, DE, IG. I'd post a picture but i have to upload it from my phone first.
pH was closer to 8 before shocking and adjusting pH. FC was 0 but I brought it to 12 to shock.