Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
The frost is coming out and pushing moisture up out of the ground. We have great big huge lakes in between the house and the pool area (thank goodness thats all raised up - no puddles there!) I want it all clean and dry so I can finish around the base of the deck, get that pool going and join the rest of the world in enjoying a season that is NOT winter.

I will spend the remainder of the day dredging leaves and debris out of 3 koi ponds so those guys can move back in (spent the winter in a 150 gal stock tank in the garage) - alas, its the closest I can get to pool maintc until things warm/dry up here. I've got it bad when I wish I was working on the pool.......

NWMNMom said:
The frost is coming out and pushing moisture up out of the ground. We have great big huge lakes in between the house and the pool area (thank goodness thats all raised up - no puddles there!) I want it all clean and dry so I can finish around the base of the deck, get that pool going and join the rest of the world in enjoying a season that is NOT winter.

I will spend the remainder of the day dredging leaves and debris out of 3 koi ponds so those guys can move back in (spent the winter in a 150 gal stock tank in the garage) - alas, its the closest I can get to pool maintc until things warm/dry up here. I've got it bad when I wish I was working on the pool.......

Just finished opening, dropping in the steps, and cleaning up. Checked the temp and bbbbrrrrr. A chilly 67. I use to live in Firgus Falls and can understand how you feel. I hope we get some sun here so the solar pannels will get to work.
Steve

Woo-hoo!!! We topped off the pool today and hooked up the pump, filter. Solar panels are bypassed right now as we are waiting for the replacement panel to arrive. Put in more chlorine, metal myte (sequesterant) and got the pump running as we speak to filter and circulate. Tomorrow I'll vac the bottom and get that solar blanket back on. Glad to say it won't be hard because the water was crystal clear when the winter cover came off and only a small amount of debris on the bottom.

I ordered the drop in steps today (Biltmore), the replacement panel, a new leaf canister and misc stuff. Can't wait for arrival!!! The temps are a bit above normal but we don't expect them to stay too high, but average will ok to let it filter and increase bit by bit in temp - we should be swimming by mid May maybe.

My neighbors (down the back hill and across the street) uncovered their pool yesterday. It is gorgeous and blue, though it was very low, imho!

they don't bbb, though, and have a floating ducky thing. I will live vicariously through them this summer! Hope it doesn't get all green... it stayed pretty after they put it up around July 4.

Oh, now I really can't wait! I finished cleaning everything yesterday with another vac (to get the pollen and tree droppings out) brushed the sides and (after adding, dosing and checking for almost 2 weeks) I double checked all the chem levels - as close to PERFECT numbers as I ever have had at opening so far AND my replacement solar panels and Biltmore steps came today! YAY. I'll have to take off work tomorrow so I am home at the same time as DH to install everything so it can start heating up!! (he works shift work) I love it!!!

oh you lucky ducks! Well off work today to start working on the last details. Hopefully we can get some sunshine going on the panels and have warm water by mid-end of the month. Earlier would be nicer but I'm not holding my breath - we hang around 74ish most of the time and won't be over low-mid 70s on a regular basis till end of the month, nights are still only about 40-45.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.