16 x 32 Vinyl Installation

carlscan26 said:
Looking great! Are you adding solar?

What kind dog is the pup? So cute!

Thanks! We have no plans to add solar as of yet, although I think our shed roof would be an ideal location for the panels. But first I would really have to get over the thought of fastening anything on to the shed roof! The thought of possible leaks makes me shudder - but that's not to say that we won't change our mind in the future.

The pups are Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, and I am hoping that they will take to the water once it warms up around here.

Wait til the sun hits that liner! It will be like basking in the Carribean! I love the tan liners! I was just telling another member who has a tan liner how much they will love it! I will tell you too... buy a pair of sunglasses! You're gonna need them looking at that cool pool! I had a tan botton on my pool and if I'd look at it, sweep it or whatever and go in the house, I'd have spots in my vision. :mrgreen:

Yes the color is absolutely beautiful. Even the PB who had never installed this color loves the way it turned out. It's not even a color that they carry, but he went out of his way to get it for me. Can't wait to see it on a really nice day - its been cloudy here. I will be sure to wear my shades!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cry: So the inspector did not pass us because he says the water is not bonded separately (or something like that). Is this normal? Even though everything else is properly bonded, the water is apparently not done so separately. Probably a week or so to get the part and get it done.

Bama Rambler said:
A lot of jurisdictions require a specific water bond especially with a vinyl pool. A piece of stainless steel pipe with a bonding lug hooked to the bonding grid will usually satisfy the requirement.

Wouldn't the light fixture provide the water bond? Can that pipe be hidden in the skimmer or will it have to be visible?

So apparently the PB was counting on the bonded ladder being used to bond the water. Township says that is not appropriate, which makes sense to me since the ladder can be removed. Sets me back a bit timewise, but I am glad they look for these things.

Our lawn guy came by today with his crew and did the final grading and seeding. I am very happy with their work! We thought about sod, but heard about so many people having it die after a year or two, so decided to just go with grass seed. Plus, we plan on putting in one or two patio areas next year, and I would not want to tear up newly laid sod.

I am still trying to balance the water - high ph and no cya. And still waiting for the water bonding. But I couldn't help sticking my feet in while playing hooky from work today!

This is my version of Cinco de Mayo: I call it Sinko de mayo-feeto! (my family thought it was corny, too)
473ac29a-f9bf-cd60.jpg

Newly seeded back yard.
473ac29a-f9f6-edb9.jpg

Itty bitty walk way do we don't kill the grass seed.
473ac29a-fa23-7bf1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
While we are still waiting for final PB stuff, we finished installing the lights on our shed. I am hoping they come and finish the water bonding so that I can get my cert/occupancy from the township this week.
473ac29a-652a-b1be.jpg

If it was warmer out (and in the water) I would be enjoying them a lot more! But they are great - I am looking forward to a nice weekend coming up and hopefully the water will warm up a bit, too.

We've been enjoying the pool, and so have the pups (to some extent!). The grass has been coming up nicely. Working on increasing CYA slowly so that I don't overdo it. And we passed final inspection - so we are now legal!
473ac29a-f458-75fc.jpg

Here are some recent photos:

[attachment=1:1qf55r4t]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370486947.678359.jpg[/attachment:1qf55r4t]

[attachment=0:1qf55r4t]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370486982.412083.jpg[/attachment:1qf55r4t]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370486947.678359.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370486947.678359.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 208
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370486982.412083.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370486982.412083.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 208

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.