TA Adjustments

My Alkalinity is between 130 and 140 and my PH is 7.7, I want to lower my alkalinity. I am adding 65 oz of MA to get me down to 7.0 - 7.2. My question is how long do I wait before I turn my waterfall on to airate the pool to bring the PH back up? How long do you recommned airating the pool to bring it up? and how long before I can add another dose of MA to start the process over until I get my Alkalinity around 90.

Thanks

Technically, you don't have to wait. You can aerate while you add acid. You don't necessarily have to wait until your ph gets to some specific level before adding acid again.
Some outgassing of CO2 will happen anyway, but it will be more pronounced at lower PH levels, so let it cycle between 7 and 7.2 or so.

Ohm_Boy said:
so let it cycle between 7 and 7.2 or so.

Which is to say, test frequently, repeat as needed.

Now, I'm not really sure why you want to reduce the TA if the pH is mostly stable at 7.7. We find that to be Ok for us, swimming with eyes open. What the TA is is not so critical, as long as you are Ok with your pH levels.

7.7 seems to be fine for us also, but I just want to keep an eye on it as my TA is at the upper end of where it should be and I will be adding fill water, so my thought was to get it down some so that I had a nice buffer. I guess I will just watch it and make sure it stays stable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.