Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fiberstars Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Fiberstars Help

I recently tried to turn my pool lights on after about 2 years of not using them. They are the Fiberstars 6004 series and are connected to a Intermatic tomer. I fixed the problem with the timer not working, but when ever i turn the unit on the GFI trips. I am only getting 25 volts at the input to the color wheel assembly. Is this correct, it does leave the timer at 120. I have tried playing with the togle switches and if the unit is off the GFi won't trip but as soon as its turned on the gfi trips. Do do have to replace the bulb as it was cracked, but even with the bulb out the gfi will trip. Any Help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Joe

13,500 gal. 24' AG vinyl with bottom drain, Hayward S180T sand filter , 1 hp Power-Flo lx pump
    TF-100 test kit, well water, 4x20 solar panel.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fiberstars Help

Small Update if this helps anyone.
    Was able to get power to the light box, and had the fan and color wheel working for a little bit, but then tripped the GFI again. It did the a couple times but stayed on for no longer than a few min. Any suggetions? Thanks
    Joe

13,500 gal. 24' AG vinyl with bottom drain, Hayward S180T sand filter , 1 hp Power-Flo lx pump
    TF-100 test kit, well water, 4x20 solar panel.

3. Back To Top    #3

Bad GFI? Try powering the illuminator from a different source and see what happens.
    15,000 gallon gunite pool, grey plaster with 8' raised spa
    Jandy PlusHP Pump 2 HP Dual Speed
    Sta-Rite 450 Sq. ft. Cartridge Filter
    Cleva-Chlor RP40HD
    Raypak 400k btu heater
    Jandy Aqualink RS-8 One Touch
    Savi Melody 12v LED lights

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

i would try to temp wire with an extension cord and see if it trips a breaker. if it does then the transformer is bad in the illuminator or there is a ground short somewhere.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.