Do you still have problems with your Liquidator?

Do you still have problems with your Liquidator?

• Total voters

Water_man

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Brookline, MA
Last year we had numerous posts regarding Liquidator problems related to installation, flow, and WS issues. These problems and issues were dealt with by many contributors and many of them seem to have been solved. This year the activity is very low.
There could be three reasons for this:

1. The most favorable one: Most or all or the problems can be solved because of the huge body of knowledge collected here since last year.

2. People gave up and live with their problem.

3. People just got sick and tired of their LQ and dumped it.

I wonder, does anybody still have any unsolved problem with his/her LQ which impairs its performance? If you have WS but it doesn't affect the flow or performance then your problem is aesthetic and it doesn't count.

Thanks for posting this. I just bought a Liquidator from another member and I feel confident that I can overcome any problems associated with it because of the excellent info I've read about it here. I'll be keeping track of this thread/poll.

The tubing on mine has "whitened over", but it doesnt seem to be causing any flow issues currently.

I have all the parts ready to go for the upgrade to 3/8" tubing, but like they say "if it aint broke dont fix it". I might wait until next season to upgrade it.

chrisexv6 said:
The tubing on mine has "whitened over", but it doesnt seem to be causing any flow issues currently.

Do you see the WS in the flow indicator too? If the WS bothers you, you may add 50 ppm borates and enjoy all the benefits of borates, including most likely WS prevention.

I have all the parts ready to go for the upgrade to 3/8" tubing, but like they say "if it aint broke dont fix it". I might wait until next season to upgrade it.

If your flow is adequate there's no reason to change. I switched to 12% bleach so I run to the store half the time and I can use a low flow.

I love my LQ, installed in June. I started with 50ppm borates this year, use 12% bleach, and have no WS problem. Based on posts, I try to minimize stirring up the "stuff" that seems to collect at bottom of LQ, when I add new bleach. I do this by: suctioning bleach from a 25kg container into the black funnel and using a piece of the plastic tubing to get the flow as low as possible into the funnel. When I clean the LQ after the summer, I will undo the two pieces of the funnel and thread this tubing beyond the clip that holds the two pieces together

I get a max flow rate of only about 3, but that seems enough to keep my pool at 5-7 ppm FC which is enough for my pool usage and CYA level. (I run the pump about 12 hours on a timer)

PS:I too was surprised by how few posts there have been this year after flurry of activity last year

I never actually had any problems other than the install was a bit dicey at moments.

I haven't dug around the posts, but I use the 12% Cl and it seemed that anyone using lesser % were getting the WS, which was the big complaint.

Also, since installing the LQ I've had to shock the pool very little. The pool just stays happy all the time!

Best pool investment so far!

I love my LQ and pH Adjuster. After two summers and going into it's third winter, no issues to report. During the heat of our summer (68 days of 100 plus days) my LQ couldn't keep up, I had to add an extra jug of chlorine to the pool manually. Not a big deal and not unexpected.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sabot said:
During the heat of our summer (68 days of 100 plus days) my LQ couldn't keep up, I had to add an extra jug of chlorine to the pool manually. Not a big deal and not unexpected.
Do you get max flow out of your LQ? If you've used 6% bleach, converting to 12% can solve this minor problem.

I have not looked for a 12% dealer. I buy mine from Sams at $8.12 per case of three jugs of 6%. I understand what the LQ can do and can't, no big deal to help it out for two months. It works perfect for the other 10 months. I run it maxed out during the summer then dial it back during the off season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.