Stabalizer Test Kit

X-PertPool

TFP Expert
In The Industry
Jun 12, 2009
Exeter, PA
I was just curious on the opinions on which stabilizer test kit is most accurate.

Right now the one I use looks like this one here on the left
http://www.poolplaza.com/P-SALT-COMBO-TEST-KIT.html

It basically involves mixing water and the regent, waiting 2 minutes and then adjusting the slide until the black dot just disappears from sight when looking from above, then the measurement is read by looking at the markings on the vial from the side.

I've also used test strips and the color q device
the test strips work well for telling you when the stabilizer is toooooo high. The color q device seems to be always reading very low. :-(

Let me know what you guys think!

No question. The one you are using (and the Taylor test method) are the most reliable by far. The Taylor view tube doesn't have the nifty slide but it's noticeably less money. The disappearing dot is the method they both use.

Test strips are usually pretty innaccurate on many things but appear to be horrible on CYA.....and horrible is not an exageration.

The color Q is just as bad. It fails miserably at consistent, accurate CYA testing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.