Issue with intex salt system

May 18, 2015
Clarksville
So, today my salt system read low salt. However when tested to confirm the salt level actually came back kinda high. I have had my intex salt system now for 3 yrs. I’m trying to determine if my salt system may be malfunctioning. I guess I could go throw in a couple more bags of salt but based on the test results I don’t think it’s needed. It came back at 5200, which like I said is actually a little high. Over the last 2 days it has rained like mad here. Could that be why it’s saying that? 2 yrs ago it rained bad for like 3 days and I got a low salt reading. That’s been the only time I’ve gotten that.

By the way I use Taylor salt test if you were wondering. Also note that I do clean salt cell every season like supposed to. What could be going on? Any ideas?

Thankfully it’s not that expensive to replace if that’s what is needed.

I would go with the results from your Taylor salt kit. As the SWG ages, it's features could get a little whacky which is exactly why we always encourage owners to test their own water. Your salt level is already high enough. I'm not aware of any troubleshooting you could perform to confirm, so you may simply have to ignore the low light for now and stick with testing.

The problem is, intex salt system shuts down if it indicates high/low salt, low pump flow or service. So it won’t work at all.

Yah I did just that, tested to see when I got the indication. I could try adding more salt but that would make the level too high, unless the unit is old like you said and in that case that would help, kinda. Lol.

I have trite cleansing the cell and no change.

After reviewing some older threads, high-end SWGs have a life expectancy of 3-5 years. Because of their affordability, Intex is probably on the low end of that spectrum. Sounds like you did pretty good with that one (3 yrs). It may be time to say goodbye. :handwave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.