Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Pool Still Green After Opening

1. Back To Top    #261
    Kansas, No yellow brick Road, But we have a SPARKLY BLUE POOL!

Re: Pool Still Green After Opening

Quote Originally Posted by SummerTimeGirl View Post
    Yup. I definitely added more after the test.
    You're doing exactly what you should You'll be having fun in no time!

(Side point if you want) Just curious what kind of pool floats you use with your grandkids (if they are allowed in the pool). We used a Baby Float Raft and now puddle jumpers for our kiddos, plus our water is only 24" deep
    Quick Links for TFP Info: Pool Water Chemistry ~ PoolMath ~ FC/CYA Chart ~ SLAM
    Ours: AGP 2500gal 15' x 33" (@24") w/Intex 0.5hp(2100GPH) Pump & 12" Sand Filter w/Hydrotools Skimmer
    Test Kits = Speedstir + Drops 5-way + FAS-DPD + CYA
    I support TFP Forums ♥ Has the info saved you $? You can support too!

2. Back To Top    #262

We have 3 granddaughters. My daughter-in-law had my oldest granddaughter from a prior relationship. She is 5 and uses some sort of vest thing that zips and has arm floats attached. It's really a PITA (hard to get the arms in and out) to take off and put on once wet so she definitely needs something new this year. Our other two granddaughters are just a year apart, almost 1 and almost 2, born on the same day.

So last year the almost 2 year old used this in a pink version (she was one then, obviously) and it will get passed down to her younger sister this Summer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WQZD9U...ing=UTF8&psc=1

And this year she will instead be using this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We'll see how it goes cause last year she wanted out of that float and wanted to just go on her own but obviously we couldn't do that. LOL Either that or she wanted to be held but then whoever was holding her couldn't swim around either. So I'm hoping this new thing will give her more "freedom" so that she doesn't want to get down on her own or be held constantly. She LOVES water!!! We don't know about the baby yet as she's never been in a pool yet and cries when getting a bath. LOL So we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by splashpad View Post
    You're doing exactly what you should You'll be having fun in no time!

(Side point if you want) Just curious what kind of pool floats you use with your grandkids (if they are allowed in the pool). We used a Baby Float Raft and now puddle jumpers for our kiddos, plus our water is only 24" deep
    14x28 Vinyl Liner - 13,200 Gallons - 3 to 6 Feet Deep - Sta-Rite Cartridge Filter - Mineral Ion Purification System For Pools & Spas - Aqua Star II Solar Pool Heater - OLD Polaris Auto Robot (that we barely use, I vacuum by hand) - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #263

We have 3 granddaughters. My daughter-in-law had my oldest granddaughter from a prior relationship. She is 5 and uses some sort of vest thing that zips and has arm floats attached. It's really a PITA (hard to get the arms in and out) to take off and put on once wet so she definitely needs something new this year. Our other two granddaughters are just a year apart, almost 1 and almost 2, born on the same day.

So last year the almost 2 year old used this in a pink version (she was one then, obviously) and it will get passed down to her younger sister this Summer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WQZD9U...ing=UTF8&psc=1

And this year she will instead be using this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We'll see how it goes cause last year she wanted out of that float and wanted to just go on her own but obviously we couldn't do that. LOL Either that or she wanted to be held but then whoever was holding her couldn't swim around either. So I'm hoping this new thing will give her more "freedom" so that she doesn't want to get down on her own or be held constantly. She LOVES water!!! We don't know about the baby yet as she's never been in a pool yet and cries when getting a bath. LOL So we'll see.
    Stearns Puddle Jumper Life Jacket - Walmart.com This is the puddle jumper (for 2yrs up) It is great for giving (little) kids freedom and keeping them afloat =) Both our 2yr & 5yr are in their own And it's our 3rd year using it for the 5yr. So far we don't have on/off issues when wet (I know what you're talking about)
    Hopefully the baby will like it better! =D

It's funny they have "fear" until a certain point, then they forget they should be "afraid" *careful*! lol
    Ours: AGP 2500gal 15' x 33" (@24") w/Intex 0.5hp(2100GPH) Pump & 12" Sand Filter w/Hydrotools Skimmer

4. Back To Top    #264

Yeah I saw those after I got the other one. I will see what happens with this. That may be a back up.

This thing is what our oldest granddaughter has. I HATE it!!!! Such a pain to get off and on. That front float part rides up too. Plus she has down to the butt long hair that is constantly getting stuck in the zipper, sleeves, ughhhhhhh. LOL She's too big for it this year anyway so she will have to get something new.

Stearns Puddle Jumper Life Jacket - Walmart.com This is the puddle jumper (for 2yrs up) It is great for giving (little) kids freedom and keeping them afloat =) Both our 2yr & 5yr are in their own And it's our 3rd year using it for the 5yr. So far we don't have on/off issues when wet (I know what you're talking about)
    Hopefully the baby will like it better! =D

It's funny they have "fear" until a certain point, then they forget they should be "afraid" *careful*! lol
    14x28 Vinyl Liner - 13,200 Gallons - 3 to 6 Feet Deep - Sta-Rite Cartridge Filter - Mineral Ion Purification System For Pools & Spas - Aqua Star II Solar Pool Heater - OLD Polaris Auto Robot (that we barely use, I vacuum by hand) - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #265

But that is the cutest thing ever!
    16' by 4' Intex Ultra Frame AGP
    Intex Sand Filter Pump & SWG
    Hayward Skimmer, Intex Auto Cleaner
    TF-100 & Speedstir

6. Back To Top    #266

Maybe so but again, a PITA!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kellyfair View Post
    But that is the cutest thing ever!

7. Back To Top    #267

Yeah I saw those after I got the other one. I will see what happens with this. That may be a back up.
    This thing is what our oldest granddaughter has. I HATE it!!!! Such a pain to get off and on. That front float part rides up too. Plus she has down to the butt long hair that is constantly getting stuck in the zipper, sleeves, ughhhhhhh. LOL She's too big for it this year anyway so she will have to get something new.
    {pic}
    Yeah, that looks, um, yuck (like a pain), lol =D

Here's ours "in action"

We love it, because when they aren't "actively" swimming, it pops their head up
    We were at an indoor water park with lazy river w/the blue one (the moving water scared him, awwww)

8. Back To Top    #268

Awwwww, too cute! I will definitely have to keep those in mind. Maybe even get one for the oldest and possible one for the middle grandchild to see if she likes that over the one we got.

9. Back To Top    #269

So the last time I got to test or toss stuff in the pool was around 1:30. At that time it was 10.2 I then tossed in what was required, and then some.

I just tested again for the last time tonight and it was 10.5. Tossed in what was required, and then some. Guess we'll see what tomorrow holds but I won't hold my breath. LOL Not even sure I'll have enough chemicals to test tomorrow am. That little bottle is about out (not the powder). Luckily I did order more but it won't be here until Friday! SMH Just when you think you have it all figured out. Wish I had been testing at the smaller amount all along and not 25ml.

10. Back To Top    #270

Hey SummerTimeGirl,

Wanna come help me convert my neighbors pool to a Trouble Free Pool??

Opening.jpg
    13k gal, IG Vinyl (2004), Infinity 2000 Recessed/Top Track Pool Cover (2004), Pentair SuperFlo VS (2017), Hayward S180T Sand Filter (2014),
    Pentair R201276214 Pro Vac (2017), Taylor K-2006+SpeedStir (2017) PoolMath
    2009 HotSpring Vanguard 400 gallon spa (2009) Overnight Chlorine Loss Test FC/CYA Chart
    Rule #1: SLAM Kills Algae, Your Filter cleans the water

11. Back To Top    #271

So the last time I got to test or toss stuff in the pool was around 1:30. At that time it was 10.2 I then tossed in what was required, and then some....
    I just tested again for the last time tonight and it was 10.5. Tossed in what was required, and then some. Guess we'll see what tomorrow holds but I won't hold my breath. LOL
    Good job =) Which chlorine was it? (just for info)

Not even sure I'll have enough chemicals to test tomorrow am. That little bottle is about out (not the powder). Luckily I did order more but it won't be here until Friday! SMH Just when you think you have it all figured out. Wish I had been testing at the smaller amount all along and not 25ml.
    One test tomorrow, then I would suggest adding (PoolMath estimated) chlorine to presumably bring the FC to 12 from 10, every 4 hours if you can until your refills come in. That way you won't lose ground while you wait

12. Back To Top    #272

No thanks, fun! Can't even get my own pool in order. LOL

I just used the Great Value stuff I still have on hand. 6%.

Hey, I was reading some stuff about ammonia and that sometimes you're pool will lose chlorine if that's high? Do you think this could possibly be my issue since my water is clear and I don't seem to have any visible issues/algae? Just figured I'd ask since I'm not too sure how this all works still.

13. Back To Top    #273

Hey, I was reading some stuff about ammonia and that sometimes you're pool will lose chlorine if that's high? Do you think this could possibly be my issue since my water is clear and I don't seem to have any visible issues/algae? Just figured I'd ask since I'm not too sure how this all works still.
    No, a pool with ammonia issues will loose chlorine totally, it won't hold at all...
    TFP Moderator

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Support the site

14. Back To Top    #274

Oh ok. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    No, a pool with ammonia issues will loose chlorine totally, it won't hold at all...

15. Back To Top    #275

Hey Ladies, my wife found this for our daughter a few years ago, this would be third season she has used it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Elejolie-Todd...ife+vest&psc=1

Not this particular one but one like this (the style)

What is nice is, easy off and on, it really allows them to move and swim and kept her afloat which let her jump in the deep end with her brother who is 5 years older and it was very important that she got to do that lolol

(can't seem to lay my hands on it at the moment, was going to snap a picture for the brand we got.. I think she got it at Dicks)
    13k gal, IG Vinyl (2004), Infinity 2000 Recessed/Top Track Pool Cover (2004), Pentair SuperFlo VS (2017), Hayward S180T Sand Filter (2014),
    2009 HotSpring Vanguard 400 gallon spa (2009) Overnight Chlorine Loss Test FC/CYA Chart

16. Back To Top    #276

Quote Originally Posted by funandsun View Post
    Hey Ladies, my wife found this for our daughter a few years ago, this would be third season she has used it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Elejolie-Todd...ife+vest&psc=1
    Yes a Puddle Jumper! That panda is cute!

17. Back To Top    #277

Yes a Puddle Jumper! That panda is cute!
    Is that what they are called? Thanks. I have no idea, I am 'that' dad when it comes to things like that. I like your pants, they are Capri's. Sorry, my mistake ;o)

It was sure nice not having to worry about her and it really let her have the freedom to keep up with the bigger kids.

18. Back To Top    #278

Is that what they are called? Thanks. I have no idea, I am 'that' dad when it comes to things like that. I like your pants, they are Capri's. Sorry, my mistake ;o)
    I think it's a "dad" thing My DH was like, "can't we just wrap them in bubble wrap so they float & don't break?"

It was sure nice not having to worry about her and it really let her have the freedom to keep up with the bigger kids.
    Yes! They have given our boys & their cousins "safe" freedom from adult anchors (when they want it)

19. Back To Top    #279

I was trying to remember the name of that to tell my son last night for my oldest granddaughter and couldn't think of the name. I was like, I think it's called tadpole something or another. WRONG! LOLOL

So as I guessed last nght, not enough liquid left to test. But the pool water (in the tube) was a pretty dark pink like last night during my last test. Makes me wonder if I would have passed this am had I had the liquid left. Darn! Ahhh well, I guess I have AT LEAST two more days of this.

20. Back To Top    #280

I was trying to remember the name of that to tell my son last night for my oldest granddaughter and couldn't think of the name. I was like, I think it's called tadpole something or another. WRONG! LOLOL
    I like it! That's cute! =))

So as I guessed last night, not enough liquid left to test. But the pool water (in the tube) was a pretty dark pink like last night during my last test. Makes me wonder if I would have passed this am had I had the liquid left. Darn! Ahhh well, I guess I have AT LEAST two more days of this.
    It's always better to go a few days longer, then not long enough! That way you don't have to keep chasing numbers! =) Enjoy the pool! Swimming during a SLAM