New zodiac mx6 not moving

May 4, 2018
Annecy
Hi, I bought a brand new mx6 (unfortunately not from a shop but from somebody who bought it and never opened it, no receipt).

I have a pool that isn't new, but I just moved in and don't know everything about the condition of the pump and filter, except that the filter's barometer doesn't work anymore. The pump has a power of .75cv .

The issue is that the mx6 just doesn't love, although there is some suction at the end of the hose. I think there isn't enough
Suction, it doesn't stick to my hand for example.

The attachment between the skimmer and the hose is too tall to exit via the skimmer, so I put it vertically out of the skimmer and not horizontally. I put the flow setting to maximum (3)

So my question is: do I need to adjust the connection, is there any thing else I should try?

Thanks.

Hi kimkats. Thanks for your reply. I don't know if I have a main drain, as I'm very new to all this. I have one skimmer from which the water goes into a pump and then a sand filter and then back into the pool. I couldn't fit the hose in top of the basket so I had to remove the basket and connect the zodiac's connector directly in the hole which goes to the pump. Want pictures?

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_20180505_090935.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the skimmer unit, normally there's a basket with a 'hat' on it.

Below is how the pipe connects to the pump.

IMG_20180428_135047.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The hose at the bottom of the picture comes from the skimmer, the other one goes to the filter.

And here's the filter with the hose nearest to us coming from the pump:

IMG_20180428_135040.jpg

okay so this is an above ground pool right?

Let take a step back have you fill in your Signature. Please go to:

-settings (upper right of this page)
-edit signature (middle left)
-put in kind of pool (above ground vinyl), size in gals, kind of filter (sand, DE, cartridge) and any special features you have.

A main drain would be a drain in the bottom of your pool that also takes water back to your pump. Most above ground pools do not have them.

What is the pressure on your filter showing? I have even more ideas now!

Kim:kim:

Nope I would replace the gauge to start with..............You say you have done several backwash and rinse (good job) did you notice any increase in the return flow when you did them?

Have you "deep cleaned" your sand filter? Here is a link on how to do it: Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

Have you checked the impeller in your pump? Easy to do.......turn off pump AND turn off the breaker in the power box.......take pump basket out (after closing valves or in some way keep water from rushing out) and stick your fingers in that area to see if there is any thing in the impeller. I have to take my basket off to really get to mine good. It is easy to do. Just make sure you don't lose the flat gasket where it goes together.

Thanks for the ideas. i checked the impeller with my fingers, doesn't seem to be anything in there and it turns freely. Should I try it with a screwdriver as well (saw that on a YouTube video)? I realized there's a problem with the prefilter lid - there is no gasket or o-ring and the lid is a bit cracked. There's a bit of Teflon tape but you can hear air escaping (or entering?). I filmed a bit of it and you can see the water level and see the crack just below the printed part of the lid: video

The problem is that i don't think this model pump exists any more, can't find the lid on the internet in any case.

Concerning the deep clean, how do I do this with the pool connected? Do I need to disconnect the hose, or just raise it above the water, still connected to the filter head!

I have valves on my pool I can close off so the water does not come rushing out and unions on my pipes for this very reason. If you don't have these you might want to think about doing so.

You can buy return stoppers and put a tennis ball in the skimmer basket but that is a pain to me as you have to keep up with them.

Well I changed the lid and joint and it did the trick! The cleaner is currently happy moving around the bottom of the pool. Doesn't seem to go up the sides, but that's a challenge for another day! Thanks Kimkats :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.