Glacier coolers and Pentair EasyTouch

B,

For sure you can wire it to a relay to control the on and off cycle... You could schedule it to run at whatever times you wanted.

You might be able to set it up as a "Heat pump" and have it cool based upon temperature, but I can not guarantee that would work, as I'm not up on the Glacier coolers..

The only thing you need to check is if there is enough AC service coming into the EasyTouch load center and you would have to have room for an additional 220 volt breaker.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

B,

I was able to get mine to work by using the solar cooling feature of the Easy Touch 4 control panel. I used the solar valve output (Valve A) to control a 15 Amp relay (24 VAC coil) so that the cooler turns on when the valve opens. The valve diverts some water to the cooler and the rest back to the pool. When the max pool temp is below the actual water temp, it will enable solar cooling and run the glacier cooler until this requirement is satisfied. I have mine set at 84 degrees. I haven't seen my water temp get below that yet.

Regards,
Phillip

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.