No production from Jandy 1400 cell system

Aug 17, 2009
Have a Jandy Auqapure 1400 SWG system that has worked fine for last three years. Currently not producing any chlorine or any error messages on display. Have acid cleaned the cell and sensor (via mfg instructions) with no help. (After cleaning, cell looks healthy)

When the system is turned on, the "Powered On" light is lite but the other LEDs remain off (Sometimes the cell reverse light comes on, but none of the other LEDs light up, even after the ~5 minute diagnostic period).

After reading and performing diagnostics in the "AquaPure and PureLink Troubleshooting Manual.pdf" file, I am not getting any voltage across pins 4 and 5 of the back board (R0404100), or any output DC voltages across from the back board output pins that go to the cell. The + lead (black/white wire) from the back board appears burnt but not sure if that is isn't just from the normal 6 amp of current that normally passes thru this connector. The other voltages on the back board test pins (pins 1/8. 2/7, and 3/6 are within expected values)

Based on this, I am suspecting the back board as the failing component, but not sure if a defective cell can cause this behavior on the back board test pins. Does anyone know of a way to check the Cell disconected (maybe via voltmeter, etc)? If I disconnect the cell from the DC cord, should I expect to see proper voltages on the back board test pins (assuming the back board was good)?

(BTW, all chemical variables are within expected values, i.e., salt, CYA, PH, etc)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Further error codes indicated a bad cell. Replaced the cell/sensor/cable and necessary new plumbing (thanks Jandy..... :( ) and I am producing cholorine again. I attribute the burnt back board connector terminals to the required 14 hours a day that it was on at 100% cholorine production.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.