New Pool Starting, Montgomery Texas

Aug 17, 2009
Montgomery, Texas
After 50 days and multiple designs we're digging tomorrow.

I'll have some dig pics tomorrow night. I'm fired up and hope it's hot until the end of October!!!

It should be a fun build and a really cool design. Probably a hair over the top but you only live once. Off to pool school and the better business bureau, err BBB....

Hi there neighbor! Welcome to the forum.

Can you do me a favor, please? Would you ask your pool builder if those moss rocks are supposed to be sealed when installed, and if so, are do they need to be resealed at some point? Any tips about that, what to use, how, and when?

How exciting. I hope you will post pics along the way and please post a pic of your pool plan/drawing, if you can.

I love to watch the pool build progress and I think others do, as well. It's fun to learn and see the different materials and methods in the various areas.

Welcome and good luck!

We just finished our pool here in Montgomery and love it...now just need another loan for landscaping :mrgreen:

Just be prepared as there will some ups and downs...pretty much along the same lines as building a custom house.

Takes lots of pictures during all phases as well...those pictures of the underground plumbing will come in handy!

agent86 said:
Welcome and good luck!

We just finished our pool here in Montgomery and love it...now just need another loan for landscaping :mrgreen:

Just be prepared as there will some ups and downs...pretty much along the same lines as building a custom house.

Takes lots of pictures during all phases as well...those pictures of the underground plumbing will come in handy!

I've been to your pool. It's sweet. Did you tile that neg. edge yet?

By the way, I'll have the tractor guy over there friday at 9:00 to check out that grading job. He's finally back in town.

Come check out the hole they made today just up the street from ya!

anonapersona said:
Hi there neighbor! Welcome to the forum.

Can you do me a favor, please? Would you ask your pool builder if those moss rocks are supposed to be sealed when installed, and if so, are do they need to be resealed at some point? Any tips about that, what to use, how, and when?

He said they will seal them with a good sealer from Master Tile ? I guess it's about $200 a gallon for that stuff and you wipe or spray it on. I'm not sure how far 1 gallon goes.... I hope the whole pool.

The main thing to seal is going to be the coping/ flagstone. I may hire a guy the rock distributor told me about. He gives a 5 year warranty on his stuff.

I may start off in chlorine mode and see if my wife even picks up on the difference. I just don't want to destroy the stones with the salt.

Ooooh, I think your pool is going to be very cool. Love that island idea. I took the liberty to embed your image here. (please check your PM's for instructions)

Pool%20design%201.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gunite is in. It's sooo hot and I'm watering every 2 hours to keep it soaked down (dries up as soon as I go to the other end).

1. Is it supposed to be so gritty?
2. Did they just use my house water to spray that crud? Water bill will be jacked this month (and next)...

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

agent86 said:
Wow. Looking good!

Still can't believe at the speed at which they build these things...

What's the maximum depth going to be?

I think your neighbors across the street are starting their dig this week as well...

Yeah, the same guy is doing theirs also. I referred him to the neighbor down the cul de sac too.

I think I'm in for a delay though. Sounds like he's not doing jack until friday (letting it cure I guess?).

I want that dirt pile knocked down and some clean up going.

Max depth is around 5.5 or just shy of 6'. Lots of shallow areas though. I'm ready to freaking swim!!! It is BRUTALLY hot right now.

Did you have to water the Crud out of your shell?

DBfan187 said:
did they use flex pvc for the entire pool?

So far, except for the line between the two drains. I wasn't really that happy with that but I don't think it will be that big of an issue, since it's encapsulated in the gunite.

I'm not sure about the longevity of that stuff but I figure it will do good if the ground flexes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.