New Pool Starting, Montgomery Texas

Thanks for the compliments guys and gals.

I've got the water filled and it's probably been sitting for 5-6 days now without circluation. Isn't that a no-no??? I'm about to kill the builder!!

He's supposed to get the electrical tomorrow I think. So it should be mostly running by tomorrow afternoon. Cross your fingers.

Lots of local people here!!

It's a wee bit cold to swim now. Heck, even calling for snow in HOUSTON. Global warming for sure.

I've got to get the new photos up. We're 99% done. Just missing the fill line and overflow drain connections. I told them to hook up those like 5 times before they poured the cement. Luckily they're stubbed out so should be an easy fix. Just more freaking MUD.....

I got the concrete stained and we've also framed and built the outdoor kitchen. Just need a lotto ticket to finish out the kitchen....

A loooooonnnnnngggg build but I guess it was worth it.

Pics tomorrow probably.

Here are some more photos. We have a few things to do but it's almost done. I'm waiting on landscaping so I don't have to cover everything for a freeze. Waiting on the gas company to pump up the gas volume so we can heat the spa.

These are cell phone pics but they're decent...

p_00503.jpg

p_00493.jpg

p_00494.jpg

p_00497.jpg

p_00498.jpg

p_00496.jpg

p_00504.jpg

p_00502.jpg

I used Backyard Visions, and unless this week goes well then I won't be recommending them/ him.

SO far, we've gotten a good deal. I'm at my wits end with the punch list, and finding out that the heater is stinking up our bedroom office because it's 12 inches from our window (the vent part is!!).

bears831 said:
I used Backyard Visions, and unless this week goes well then I won't be recommending them
I'm sorry to hear that.

bears831 said:
SO far, we've gotten a good deal. I'm at my wits end with the punch list, and finding out that the heater is stinking up our bedroom office because it's 12 inches from our window (the vent part is!!).
I think I read where you were getting the pool for cost plus 5000. That, my internet friend, is an AWESOME price.
I'm curious, did you pay the subs directly or did your builder do it on your behalf?
On the heater, moving it is really no big deal. A tech and a laborer can knock it out start to finish before lunch using some fast setting concrete mix to pour the equipment pad.
Congrats on the new pool, It's really a great look!!! :cheers:

See ya,
Kelly

I actually have to back down off the company and builder.

He's really getting the stuff done and I have to say he did what he said he'd do. And, he did give us a heck of a deal!!

I really think he gets screwed by the subs but you have to be the manager. The weather didn't help either...

I'd actually give them another go if I did another pool, I'd just put in a timeline so I felt better.

As you can see, they did a good job overall.

Hi Bears831

I totally love your pool and the design is incredible.

I have a quick question. Do you know the name/color of your flagstone? We are in the process of picking ours and I like the darker color like yours. Our PB brought over the light goldish sample that I'm not crazy about and tried to explain what we wanted.

TIA

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
jennybug35 said:
Hi Bears831

I totally love your pool and the design is incredible.

I have a quick question. Do you know the name/color of your flagstone? We are in the process of picking ours and I like the darker color like yours. Our PB brought over the light goldish sample that I'm not crazy about and tried to explain what we wanted.

TIA

Thanks for the compliments Jenny!!

The flagstone is Oklahoma Whister (think that's how you spell it), and we actually picked out 2 pallets for them to use. Then they flagged it and brought it out. I like the black color mixed into the tan too!

The tile is from Master Tile, http://www.mastertilepool.com/catalog/i ... d=MASRM104 Mas RM 104 is the number.

Bear's flagstone would be called Oklahoma Wister medium.
This flagstone has lots of earthy colors and will vary from
Light (deerskin tan to medium browns with hints of black on some rocks)
Medium (medium browns with hints of black on some rocks and lots of black on others.
Dark (medium to dark browns and lots of black}
If your considering a salt chlorination system you'll find that this rock does much better than the flagstone from Arizona.

Thanks for supporting the industry with your pool purchase, I'm certain you'll find out, just as Bear has, what all the hoopla of pool ownership is all about.
I promise you guys and gals that having a pool in your backyard is some very sweet stuff.
Especially when you toss in a shade maker like the cabana Bear built poolside. :goodjob:

See ya,
Kelly

Bears and Huskyrider

Thank you both a million times over.

I looked up the tile and there is a store in Anaheim which is an hour away and not too far.

I'm totally going to look for the Oklahoma flagstone and we are heading out tomorrow to look at the different selections :O)

This forum is such an incredible help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.