Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pool Starting, Montgomery Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Starting, Montgomery Texas

After 50 days and multiple designs we're digging tomorrow.

I'll have some dig pics tomorrow night. I'm fired up and hope it's hot until the end of October!!!

It should be a fun build and a really cool design. Probably a hair over the top but you only live once. Off to pool school and the better business bureau, err BBB....
    54'X26', 9'x7' Spa, Gunite, Pebbletech Blue Granite, Pentair Equipment, 520 Cartridge filt., SWG, 320 chlorinator (just in case), Easy touch 8 control, 2 1/2 hp pool pump, 400k Mastertemp Heater, Polaris 280 on 3/4 hp pump, 22' x 4' Moss rock waterfall, and weaping wall 2.5hp, 10x8 Flagstone island with 3 fountain jets w/ 2.0hp. 28k gallons.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Starting, Montgomery Texas

Hi there neighbor! Welcome to the forum.

Can you do me a favor, please? Would you ask your pool builder if those moss rocks are supposed to be sealed when installed, and if so, are do they need to be resealed at some point? Any tips about that, what to use, how, and when?
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

How exciting. I hope you will post pics along the way and please post a pic of your pool plan/drawing, if you can.

I love to watch the pool build progress and I think others do, as well. It's fun to learn and see the different materials and methods in the various areas.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome and good luck!

We just finished our pool here in Montgomery and love it...now just need another loan for landscaping

Just be prepared as there will some ups and downs...pretty much along the same lines as building a custom house.

Takes lots of pictures during all phases as well...those pictures of the underground plumbing will come in handy!
    Pool: 24k, 38' x 19' x 24' Free-form IG Gunite with 24' Infinity Edge and Cantilever coping, SGM Diamond Brite Super Blue Plaster,
    Filter: Hayward C5025 Swim Clear Cartridge Pool Filter - 525 Square Feet
    Main Pool Pump: Hayward TriStar Energy Efficient Pool Pump 1HP - (SP3210EE), Hayward Pool Cleaner Booster Pump - 6060
    Infinity Edge Catch Basin Pump: Hayward TriStar Energy Efficient Pool Pump 3HP - (SP3230EE)
    Automation: Aqua Plus 40K Gallon Chlorination and Control - PL-PLUS (SWG)

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by agent86
    Welcome and good luck!

We just finished our pool here in Montgomery and love it...now just need another loan for landscaping

Just be prepared as there will some ups and downs...pretty much along the same lines as building a custom house.

Takes lots of pictures during all phases as well...those pictures of the underground plumbing will come in handy!

I've been to your pool. It's sweet. Did you tile that neg. edge yet?

By the way, I'll have the tractor guy over there friday at 9:00 to check out that grading job. He's finally back in town.

Come check out the hole they made today just up the street from ya!
    54'X26', 9'x7' Spa, Gunite, Pebbletech Blue Granite, Pentair Equipment, 520 Cartridge filt., SWG, 320 chlorinator (just in case), Easy touch 8 control, 2 1/2 hp pool pump, 400k Mastertemp Heater, Polaris 280 on 3/4 hp pump, 22' x 4' Moss rock waterfall, and weaping wall 2.5hp, 10x8 Flagstone island with 3 fountain jets w/ 2.0hp. 28k gallons.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona
    Hi there neighbor! Welcome to the forum.

Can you do me a favor, please? Would you ask your pool builder if those moss rocks are supposed to be sealed when installed, and if so, are do they need to be resealed at some point? Any tips about that, what to use, how, and when?
    He said they will seal them with a good sealer from Master Tile ? I guess it's about $200 a gallon for that stuff and you wipe or spray it on. I'm not sure how far 1 gallon goes.... I hope the whole pool.

The main thing to seal is going to be the coping/ flagstone. I may hire a guy the rock distributor told me about. He gives a 5 year warranty on his stuff.

I may start off in chlorine mode and see if my wife even picks up on the difference. I just don't want to destroy the stones with the salt.

7. Back To Top    #7

Here's a cruddy scan of the plan.

I'll try and figure out how to imbed it in the message....

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

8. Back To Top    #8

Ooooh, I think your pool is going to be very cool. Love that island idea. I took the liberty to embed your image here. (please check your PM's for instructions)

Buggs

Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

9. Back To Top    #9

Pictures of the dig....

Not in order....

10. Back To Top    #10

So, how much progress did they make today? Any new pics? And, wow, that looks like a huge yard.
    Buggs

11. Back To Top    #11

We've got steel and plumbing.

Hopefully gunite tomorrow morning. We're checking for availability.

These things move fast... And, I need to update the sig. The overall length is 54' now.

Have some pictures later tonight. Camera is over at the house.

12. Back To Top    #12

I live in an acreage community. Near another member on here....

Here's some recent photos. Gunite tomorrow. WEEEEE....

13. Back To Top    #13

That'll be one really nice pool when complete. I like the patio and the rest of the backyard too.
    Mark
    IG Gunite * White Plaster * 26'9" x 14' * 310sqft * 70' Perimeter * 9300 Gallons * 2 Main Drains
    2 Skimmers * 4 Jets * Aqua Plus Control System * Aqua Rite Salt System * C3025 Cartridge Filter
    Tristar 2HP 2 Speed Pump * H400K Heater * Phantom w/Booster Pump * ColorLogic

14. Back To Top    #14

Wow, it seems to be going so quickly. Keep the pics coming.
    Buggs

15. Back To Top    #15

Gunite is in. It's sooo hot and I'm watering every 2 hours to keep it soaked down (dries up as soon as I go to the other end).

1. Is it supposed to be so gritty?
    2. Did they just use my house water to spray that crud? Water bill will be jacked this month (and next)...

16. Back To Top    #16

Wow. Looking good!

Still can't believe at the speed at which they build these things...

What's the maximum depth going to be?

I think your neighbors across the street are starting their dig this week as well...
    Pool: 24k, 38' x 19' x 24' Free-form IG Gunite with 24' Infinity Edge and Cantilever coping, SGM Diamond Brite Super Blue Plaster,
    Filter: Hayward C5025 Swim Clear Cartridge Pool Filter - 525 Square Feet
    Main Pool Pump: Hayward TriStar Energy Efficient Pool Pump 1HP - (SP3210EE), Hayward Pool Cleaner Booster Pump - 6060
    Infinity Edge Catch Basin Pump: Hayward TriStar Energy Efficient Pool Pump 3HP - (SP3230EE)
    Automation: Aqua Plus 40K Gallon Chlorination and Control - PL-PLUS (SWG)

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by agent86
    Wow. Looking good!

Still can't believe at the speed at which they build these things...

What's the maximum depth going to be?

I think your neighbors across the street are starting their dig this week as well...

Yeah, the same guy is doing theirs also. I referred him to the neighbor down the cul de sac too.

I think I'm in for a delay though. Sounds like he's not doing jack until friday (letting it cure I guess?).

I want that dirt pile knocked down and some clean up going.

Max depth is around 5.5 or just shy of 6'. Lots of shallow areas though. I'm ready to freaking swim!!! It is BRUTALLY hot right now.

Did you have to water the **** out of your shell?

18. Back To Top    #18

In the Industry

did they use flex pvc for the entire pool?

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187
    did they use flex pvc for the entire pool?
    So far, except for the line between the two drains. I wasn't really that happy with that but I don't think it will be that big of an issue, since it's encapsulated in the gunite.

I'm not sure about the longevity of that stuff but I figure it will do good if the ground flexes.

20. Back To Top    #20

Thats going to be a great pool.

I'm curious about the 3 sets of double main drains? Maybe is just that I have not been around enough but I've never seen that before.

Terry
    25k gal painted concrete, 1hp Pentair Wisperflo pump, Pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter, Stingl Safety vacume relief system. Pool Solutions PS232 FAS/DPD test kit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast