Question for longtime Aqua Rite/Trol users....

Jul 8, 2007
Central Texas
I am about to order an SWG, but I am undecided which one would be better in the longrun, I could use a little help from owners and longtime users in deciding which one to buy.

1. Cost is not really a factor, since the Aqua Trol can be found for about $500 and the Aqua Rite for about $600. Convenience and long term reliability are factors.

2. My pool is only 12,000 Gal, and the Aqua Trol would be running at around 66% capacity, (18,000 max) if I understand this right. The Aqua Rite is rated for up to 40,000 gal, which means it would run at a fraction of its capacity, and probably able to superclorinate with no problem. (again, this is the way I understand it, since I have never seen an SWG, much less operate one)

Aqua Trol and Aqua Rite owners, knowing what you know now, after extensive use, if you were about to order your SWG for your 12,000 gal pool, which one would you order?

Thank you all,
Roberto

P.S. why do I write BaquaXXX this way? because over the years I have spent so much money on it, its obscene!

The aquatrol is for AG pool with pumps that plug into the mains. The pump plugs into the control unit which then controls the pump. the auqarite is for inground pools and the pump has to be wired into the control unit and the cell has to be installed in pvc plumbing. The aquatrol can be installed in either pvc or flexible plumbing and also has a cell that can be installed into a return.

Questions for Aqua Trol/Rite users

Waterbear,

My pump and filter are connected with PVC pipe, and hard wiring instead of just connecting would not be a problem. From what you say, there is not much of a difference other than wiring. (and size of the cell, I suppose)
Any input on my other questions?

Thanks,
Roberto

Hi Roberto:

I own a Aqua Rite, and unlike others I have it and my solar controller plugged into its own separate timer, the pump is plugged into another timer. This way I can run the pump without SWG or Solar on, or have it come at at certain times during the day. Also, it saved me a ton of money on an electrician.

Rik

Re: Questions for Aqua Trol/Rite users

Roberto said:
Waterbear,

My pump and filter are connected with PVC pipe, and hard wiring instead of just connecting would not be a problem. From what you say, there is not much of a difference other than wiring. (and size of the cell, I suppose)
Any input on my other questions?

Thanks,
Roberto
Well, if you already have pvc ;lumbing and enough room to install the cell and you can hardwire it all together then I would go with the larger cell in the AquaRitel. Be aware that Hayward (Goldline) has also come out with a smaller Aquarite (20 K residential) so make sure you get the T Cell- 15 (40 K residential) and not the smaller one. Oversizing the cell is ALWAYS a good idea!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.