Quick little question.... Tropical Storm related...

Jul 9, 2009
Birmingham, AL
We have been visited by Tropical Storm Claudette and I have some questions... While we received about 1 inch of rain, we also has a lot of leaves and pine straw blown into the pool... I made sure, last night, that I upped my chlorine a tad to 6ppm instead of 5 due to the rain issue... Anyway, I just checked and there was a lot of "stuff" on the bottom... I got it out to waste and it looks good, but should I do anything, like shock it, because of all the debris? Here are my numbers as of 7pm tonight...

FC- 3.5
CC- 0
TA- 130
ph- 7.5
CYA 55

Thoughts??

Also, I went by the Pool Store the other day to get a part and told him about me converting to Chlorine... He said that I STILL needed to shock at least once a week... Is that true??

Thanks in advance!!

Mike

You only need to shock when there is obvious algae, the CC level is above 0.5, or FC goes to zero. When FC falls below the minimum you should add some extra chlorine, a bit above the target level, but there is no need to shock as long as FC didn't fall to zero and the water is still clear.

Cool... So far after my conversion, I have tried to keep the CC's around 5 and the water is still sparkling... However, yesterday while we were swimming, I noticed some "flakes" floating around... Nothing in the skimmer or anything, but... Any ideas what it might be??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.